New King Diamond Track!

i feel like every time a new King Diamond album comes out I'm left thinking: "what's with the production...I want more meat like the 1980's on the guitars".

But then I realize this type of King Diamond sound has been around since round about 1994-1995, all around.

Although this album's production sounds very close, if not exactly like Abigail II.

I like the leads on this new track, but otherwise, sad to say...it's nothing new.

I like the leads on this new track, but otherwise, sad to say...it's nothing new.

I wasn't expecting anything "new", so I'm quite happy with the new track. The main riff reminds me of the "Voodoo" album, which is one of my favorites. I agree that the production isn't any better than the last few albums, but I didn't really believe them anyways.

The things that make me love King albums are the concepts/storylines. Nothing in this track grabbed me from a storyline aspect, but I'm really hoping that King delivers another of his creepy classics. :worship:

Well I refute King's assessment that this will be the greatest KD album to date :)

Being a huge fan, I will say it's a cool track, as expected and nothing new (and I have a problem with that). On par with some of his later work, mixed with a bit of the In The Shadows sound here and there (The only Mercyful Fate album I consider a KD album that was mislabeled at the Metal Blade offices!).

I'll be picking up the new one!

I, too, agree that I'm looking for the shred and the "meat" of the guitars in the 80s. Man, those were some badass sounds coming out of this band back then but that was then and this is now. What I DID hear on this on is one of the more commercial tracks that I've ever heard from King Diamond. Actually, my interest is at quite a high to hear this cd now! Listen to the hook in the chorus. Nice.

King Diamond was a huge influence for me and IMO Abigal is the greatest metal album of all time. So, the King can do little wrong in my eyes. Can't wait for the release.