New Maiden Song streaming

It's okay. I'd go a solid 7 myself. Glad the production is upped from the mediocre sound of AMOLAD, but not by a whole lot. Once again the tracklisting reveals the average song length is like 7 minutes. WTF? They're Iron Maiden, not Dream Theater. There's no reason for them to delve into 5 minute instrumentals in the middle of every song and play the same riff 40 times like they did on AMOLAD.

Here's hoping for a great record, time will tell. The first single gives off a good impression.

They're Iron Maiden, not Dream Theater.

They forgot how to be Iron Maiden long ago, and make it double with Kevin Shirley as producer (who incidentally used to produce Dream Theater :rolleyes:).

Oh, where the eagles used to dare :cry:

The long songs are always good just not a full album like AMOLAD all those songs would've been good endings to an album but all together is overkill. This one seems to have the same lengths...And that first single sucks.

The song is pretty bland and average, best described as listenable... Far below their classics, as is their whole output from "X Factor" onwards, with a slight exception of BNW (I reckon Bruce's and Adrian's return injected some fresh blood then). Today, as a band, they are very average and live off of the old fame and carefully thought business and marketing tricks which sell them better than ever. What I await from them is the third DVD set in "history of" series containing Maiden England and then they can kick the bucket as far as I'm concerned...

Or better yet, do it now and let Dickinson/Smith/Roy Z trio make another great album, instead of boring crap signed by Iron Maiden...

Don't like it very much, just as the cover of the new album, what a piece of crap ... Underneath the version a friend of me made :)

thefinalfrontiercoverf.jpg

28554_114052445306605_100001055492167_91129_7433395_n.jpg

After another listen this morning I'd say it reminds me of Bruce's solo stuff, especially Chemical and Accident, maybe a mix between those two. I like it a lot. .

Or better yet, do it now and let Dickinson/Smith/Roy Z trio make another great album, instead of boring crap signed by Iron Maiden...

I vote for that! :headbang:

The new cover is horrible, for Maiden traditional standards. Will be neat for a thrash band IMO.

Its OK, not crazy about it as is doesnt effect me like most of POM or PS ro even some of the more recent songs.

Agree about Bruces voice showing its(his) age. I dont fault him for this nor Maiden for not being all of what they once were, they had their day it was great and Im glad they are still keepin the torch lit... not sure how that applys to dying with your boots on, probably a matter of interpretation, but if their still jammin the boots are ON!

Covers are covers but it does appear Eddies has lost his hair... MPB ?

The cover to me is just too simple made, there's no real artist behind it imo. They should have asked fans, one came up with this; not perfect but superior to the actual cover (where Eddie has become "Alien").

96604108.jpg

The cover to me is just too simple made, there's no real artist behind it imo. They should have asked fans, one came up with this; not perfect but superior to the actual cover (where Eddie has become "Alien").

96604108.jpg

I saw that on The Final Frontier's wikipedia page like a month ago. I knew right away it wasn't the real cover, because the Iron Maiden site mentioned nothing about it, but I still thought it was very well made.

I somewhat like the actual cover, I mean for any other band it would be flat out amazing, but the new Eddie just looks too different. The new track however, I'm loving. Bruce's vocals I think really shine, and the lyrics are simple and fun aswell.

The mood and vibe of El' Dorado isn't so bad...but this song really does nothing for. Again, other than BNW (wich i love)...nothing Maiden has done, save for a few songs here n there, has impressed imo. If only the production of everyone / everything else was as good as Nikko's drumming. His drumming and drum sound is the only thing that sounds really powerful of late.

Do you think this will really be the last Maiden album, or were they just trying to get some attention to hype the new tour & album?

Do you think this will really be the last Maiden album, or were they just trying to get some attention to hype the new tour & album?

Me being bitchy again. Who really cares? Maiden last album should have been SSOASS, so...
e054.gif