New Megadeth Album (Mixing Stage)

How many time have you seen Megadeth????? All there Cd's sound the same(last couple). The old stuff is great but..... I thought Dave retired due to an old War injury?:headbang:

Well it's probably wishfull thinking to expect an old-style Megadeth cd...

But hey, you can allways hope, same thing i did with every new Tallica album since the black-album...Well that didn't help....fuck that

:loco:

thraxx said:
How many time have you seen Megadeth????? All there Cd's sound the same(last couple). The old stuff is great but..... I thought Dave retired due to an old War injury?:headbang:

....All their cds sound the same??? WTF?

Mmmmmmmm.... let's think for a second here...

Killing Is My business... Thrash with 10 000 riffs / song

Peace Sells ...Thrash with melody and catchyness...

So Far So good So What ... Straight forward thrash ...more melody oriented...

Rust in Peace ... Pure mad technical thrash ...

Countdown ... Heavy as hell thrash...

Youthanasia ...Radio friendly thrash...

Criptic Writing ... Hard-rock influenced thrash / heavy metal

Risk ...soft rock

The world need a Hero ...Groove oriented thrash metal with simple riffage

....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... It's always the same thing... Now excuse me as I'll go bore myself to DETH listenning to pure riff redundancy ...

Larf, I think thraxx only ment that Megadeth's last few albums sounded the same. I personally don't think they do, and I love them all! Well, ok, except for Risk, but other than that, I love them all. I even like TWNAH, which it seems that a lot of people don't like.

Razorhead95 said:
Larf, I think thraxx only ment that Megadeth's last few albums sounded the same. I personally don't think they do, and I love them all! Well, ok, except for Risk, but other than that, I love them all. I even like TWNAH, which it seems that a lot of people don't like.

I LOVE TWNAH too you know... but I still don't see how megadeth stuff, new or old, sounds the same... oh well... that's just me I guess!

I personally think that many things can be said about MEGADETH's last efforts...but in no way their albums sounds somehow the same...
I suppose that the new album will kick in some old shit. I hope so. At least, you know...Vinnie Colaiuta on drums...OMG...this is weird, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

A new Megadeth song called Kick the Chair will be put up on the website soon!

Here are the lyrics:

Kick The Chair:

Dawn breaks evenly today
On the truth and the lie
All rise, court's in session
We're hanging someone high

Justice means nothing today
Now that the courts are for sale
Pick a crime from the menu; pick a sentence and defend you
And pay up the down payment called bail
The system’s for sale

Kick the chair, the rope’s tight
Just like one quick wrench, the tooth is out
Friend or foe, I gotta hang em dead
Or they’ll come back around
Kick it!

The court’s wrong when it keeps track
Of victories and defeats
The press that never rest just waits
For somebody’s soul they can eat

Justice means nothing today
Now that the jury’s for sale
Guilty or not, the verdict’s a lie
You’re going to jail
The system has failed

Kick the chair, the rope’s tight
Just like one quick wrench, the tooth is out
Friend or foe, ya gotta hang em dead
Or they’ll come back

Solo- @ 2:21 Mustaine

Solo- @ 2:51Mustaine

Solo- @ 3:04 Mustaine

Solo- @ 3:20 Poland

I dunno about Megadeth. Mustaine seemed like he was on a roll, then he retired... for like a year. Who in the hell retires for a year? I could see taking a year off, but he completely retired.

Also, Risk sucked, and he knew it sucked when he released it, and he gave it a name that showed how half-assed it was. Then, he tried to renig with TWNAH, which was in many ways a half-assed album.

If Megadeth is such a great metal band, where is their Demonic? Where is their Reign in Blood? What I'm trying to say is, they need a Rust In Peace II, or nobody will ever take them seriously again, and it needs to be a kick in the teeth for metal fans of all subgenres, from progressive to Grindcore.

The_Preacher said:
Then, he tried to renig with TWNAH, which was in many ways a half-assed album.
See what I mean, Larf? Also, do I have to specify the 03 at the end? Will there be 2 other Larf's that think I'm talking to them?
The_Preacher said:
If Megadeth is such a great metal band, where is their Demonic? Where is their Reign in Blood?
Peace Sells... But Who's Buyin'? and Rust in Piece.

Demonic Legionaire said:
According Dave Mustaine, the new Megadeth-Album is in 1/3 of the Mixing-stage.
Probably a release in September.

Hopefully an old school Megadeth-album.:hotjump:

I dont know about anyone else, but im not looking for an oldschool Megadeth album. Im hoping that this new album will mark some forward progress for what I consider to be a slightly stagnating genre. I had kind of hoped that at some point metallica might rally from their several album sucking streak and re-take the reigns, but after St. Anger I realized that this will probably never happen. Now that Dave is back in the game, he is the perfect person to show these new bands that it's ok not to downtune five steps, or to scoop out your midrange and even throw in a solo or four.