New Megadeth tracks

not understanding the re-make of tout le monde.....why?

It sounds identical, if not a tad faster....and Marty Friedman's solo is completely butchered by some inept Canadian Eidolon fag hag

And Cristina Scabbia -- I'm not completely anti Lacuna Coil and I like Comalies I admit -- but all she's doing is providing backing vocals on this. Meaning, they could have used any chick vocalist

two BIG thumbs down on this track. It's not going on the album is it? :erk:

not understanding the re-make of tout le monde.....why?

It sounds identical, if not a tad faster....and Marty Friedman's solo is completely butchered by some inept Canadian Eidolon fag hag

And Cristina Scabbia -- I'm not completely anti Lacuna Coil and I like Comalies I admit -- but all she's doing is providing backing vocals on this. Meaning, they could have used any chick vocalist

two BIG thumbs down on this track. It's not going on the album is it? :erk:

It is on the album I beleive. He wanted to give the song a "Second Chance", because of the negative attention it got upon its release with MTV banning the video and such.

so Rattlehead never even made it to the new front cover? Oh man, when there's no Vic on the artwork, it usually means MELLOW POP METAL RADIO FRIENDLY ALBUM

case in point:

youthanasia
cryptic writings
risk

"Washington is Next!", I suppose it starts off ok sounding a bit like Maiden's "Wasted Years"....but it's a lacklustre performance

the drummer looks like he's bored out of his head, just tippy tappying on those drums. SLAM THEM YOU MOTHERF'ER.

Best thing about this video is that the bass player rules

Glenn Drover, or whoever the lead guitarist is, sucks complete ass. Not one iota of thought put into that shredding solo (something that used to be prominent in Megadeth all the way through to the last album even)

what on earth....2 more tracks to check out but so far, this is 6/10 material all the way

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69483

MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE: 'The Bible Says That The U.N. Is Going To Fail' - Mar. 28, 2007
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine recently spoke to Revolver magazine (web site) about the band's upcoming CD, "United Abominations". The album title is a play on "United Nations" (the self-described "global associations of governments") and the album cover features the United Nations building being destroyed.

"The whole premise of the U.N. was to prevent war," he railed, "but they're totally ineffective. What just happened with Israel and Lebanon, and why did it take that long to stop? Look what happend with Saddam Husein — 17 resolutions, and he just kept spitting in their face. And now the "blue helmets" are raping women and little girls in these African countries? Come on! How long is the public going to be blind to this?

"I know I'm not making any friends at the U.N. with this album," Mustaine continued with a harsh laugh. But, frankly, he's not worried. Like many born-again Christians, Mustaine favors the interpetation of the Book of Revelations that views the founding of the United Nations — and its eventual demise — as part of the prophesied events that will inevitably lead to the Second Coming. "I got saved a few years ago, and I believe the Bible says that the U.N. is going to fail. In order for the predictions in the Book of Revelations to take place, it's gotta fail. I don't ever expect to go there, except to look where the building used to be, you know? I hope that someones going to pull the chain, and that's where the butthole of the United States is, and it just disappears!"

Read the entire interview in the May 2007 issue of Revolver magazine.

the full metal jacket radio player thingy isn't working for me

but honestly I'm quitting while I'm ahead

OK on to the GOOD OLD DAYS of Megadeth -- can anyone tell me whether the remasters are worth getting? I have the first 2 albums on cassette (yes, bought back in the day before CD's existed) but I'd like to upgrade them to CD

So should I hunt down the first CD pressings, or go for the remasters?

I have all the remasters, but never heard the originals because unlike you I still walk without a cane. I do have the original Peace Sells vinyl however and I can tell you that they do have a different feel to them.

"I got saved a few years ago, and I believe the Bible says that the U.N. is going to fail. In order for the predictions in the Book of Revelations to take place, it's gotta fail. I don't ever expect to go there, except to look where the building used to be, you know? I hope that someones going to pull the chain, and that's where the butthole of the United States is, and it just disappears!"

I'm reading that as

MEGADETH R.I.P

It was a good journey, dating back to 1985 for me, and I hung in there...but now, it's time to move on and listen to more old shit from the mid-80s like Holy Terror and Artillery (and even early Megadeth and Annihilator)

I just bought Alice in Hell on CD too, just to clean my ears from the filth of this new Megacrap music

UGH