New Megadeth!!!

I think its very cool. I realy like Chris Poland. Check out his lates Ohm album. I just hope Mustaine gets himself a real vocalist. I never cared for his voice. Live its even worse.

Still this will be one album I will be looking forward to. Metal needs a few good guitar oriented albums right now.

I don't think there's any hope for a different vocalist, and I can't really even imagine megadeth without him on vocals. The new clip sounds pretty cool, sounds real tight like newer king diamond stuff. Now that would be awesome, Megadeth with KD on vocals!

:D

It sounds awesome minus Dave talking. But its nice to see Megadeth up and running again, i am just hoping that Ellefson will come back soon, cause Megadeth just isnt the same without him. Its cool that Poland is involved again, and for anyone who doesnt know, Mr. Ellefson has been playing with Soulfly, so that leaves me to wonder...

:headbang:

SeaOfNames said:
and for anyone who doesnt know, Mr. Ellefson has been playing with Soulfly, so that leaves me to wonder...

:headbang:
So does he have big dirty dreads now and wear cutoff camo pants? o_O

I don't think not having him is going to effect it much, Megadeth has always been about Dave M, despite the fact that Dave E has been there the whole time up until now. I'm very excited to see Poland added to the mix again, I think it will probably spark some nostalgic feelings and maybe influence the songwriting. This could really be an awesome record and one helluva comeback.

As for d's and bass, this is from the website.

"Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record"

I don't know who they are, but the playing on the clip sounds good.
I'm pretty excited, but can't get my hopes too high. Dave has made mistakes as we all know. But we can all be sure that will never get a St. Anger from him.

Wicked Inferno said:
much love for poland, but i would really like to see mustaine and friedman back together.
As would many others, but Friedman is really burnt out when it comes to Megadeth. It doesn't interest him right now and he just wouldn't be into it. You could tell on the last couple albums he played on. The playing just didn't seem as inspired. His new stuff, although quite different, is pretty cool. Check out the FAQ section on his website for more info.

NO WAY!! I thought Mustaine was kaput?

To me, Mustaine is Megadeth. Everyone else (even though Ellefson has been there since the beginning) is expendable.

Posted by Dave Mustaine on www.megadeth.com:

http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=updates

New Megadeth Record
"1) Yes, I am in the studio working on Megadeth material old and new.
2) Yes, I did contact previous Megadeth band members Marty Friedman, Nick Menza, and David Ellefson about making a new record.
3) I was unable to accommodate Friedman and Ellefson, and sadly Nick, who was the most gracious and ready to rock, will not be playing on this new record I am doing.
4) Any talk of a reunion is wishful thinking.
I started last year in October working on a new record and was unsure if it was going to be a Megadeth record or the first record of my career-post Megadeth.
But there was too much good music that was written during the Megadeth era that was left incomplete and unreleased that I had written and I decided to assemble that music first. It is frikkin' heavy and most people that have been around are surprised it was never released.
Regardless of being unable to come to an agreement with the RIP line-up, I am excited to say that Chris Poland is in the studio with me in Arizona, working on this new record. Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record and I should be done somewhere around the end of March. Don't worry, they rip!
"

He's also releasing remasters of all the old Megadeth CDs, starting with Peace Sells...

Yeah, i don't think megadeth would be megadeth without mustaine on vocals. Love him or hate him, he's the voice of megadeth. always has been, always SHOULD be.

theodyssey said:
Yeah, i don't think megadeth would be megadeth without mustaine on vocals. Love him or hate him, he's the voice of megadeth. always has been, always SHOULD be.
Ok ok, :bah: I guess you're right. :cool:

The little clip posted sounds a bit like Rust in Peace...I am very excited.

On the other hand, I take Dave Mustaine and what he says with a grain of salt, so only time will tell.

Chris Poland sucks complete ass. He's never been a worthwhile addition to that band, and his solo stuff is even worse. However, I'm thrilled that Mustaine is back up and running. Megadeth was the first metal band I really got into and I still think they kick enormous amounts of ass. If the RIP lineup had gotten back together I would have followed them around on tour relentlessly. Friedman really needs to get his head on straight, cause his new album is extraordinarily boring and bland. He thrived so well in Megadeth, and his solos were unbeatable. I hope they lose Poland, I'd rather see a new guitarist than his untalented ass any day.

SyXified said:
Chris Poland sucks complete ass. He's never been a worthwhile addition to that band, and his solo stuff is even worse. However, I'm thrilled that Mustaine is back up and running. Megadeth was the first metal band I really got into and I still think they kick enormous amounts of ass. If the RIP lineup had gotten back together I would have followed them around on tour relentlessly. Friedman really needs to get his head on straight, cause his new album is extraordinarily boring and bland. He thrived so well in Megadeth, and his solos were unbeatable. I hope they lose Poland, I'd rather see a new guitarist than his untalented ass any day.
It's obvious that you know nothing of guitar. Friedman may be more melodic and unpredictable (although his recent stuff is getting more and more predictable), but Poland is far superior when it comes to technicality. He also brings the jazz/fusion influences to the table. His solo stuff is not metal, and maybe things that aren't metal suck ass to you. But he is a good guitar player, very very far from sucking complete ass.

Taste in music is *very* personal. I would almost never touch that but calling Chris Poland an "untalented ass" is more telling of the person who wrote that than of Chris Poland.