New Megadeth

Thanks for the links. Listened to them with James and Blaine on Friday night. I can't seem to find the link to "Washington is Next" now but I gave "Gears of War" a few more listens today.

I was not really digging "Washington is Next" mainly because of the vocals. At first the cheesy repeated whispering on "Gears of War" bothered me but now that song is growing on me, and sounds more like something from the Countdown era. It's nice to hear the guitar tones are still raw and dry sounding as they should be. I admit I went into these clips with a negative attitude, but there may be some potential for this album yet. I will probably at least be paying attention when the new album is released but I'll have to hear more before I decide to get it. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

Oh jeez, I didn't even notice that. Cool. Well, this is definitely better than most of what they have dished out in the past decade or so.

Ugggh. Not digging the new version of A Tout Le Monde at all! WTF?? Blehh. Oh god, why????

Honestly I am in the minority in that I really like the new version. Mainly because of the layered vocals. The original has always been a favorite of mine but the vocals on it leave something to be desired after hearing the new one. I'll still crank either version though :D

The new album has some good stuff on it, but it certainly didn't blow my socks off. Megadeth used to be one of my favorites back in the day, but they just don't seem to charge my battery anymore. Plus, the overly-political nature of some of the lyrics is a bit much.

Yeah, so I was finally able to listen to the whole album. I can pretty much some it up by saying it definitely has it's "moments"...namely some kick-ass guitar riffs here and there...but most of it doesn't do much for me. I also came to realize that pretty much any time Dave was singing, I just was not interested. I made it through a little over one and half times and I think I am done with it. I just had an overwhelming feeling to listen to something else.