New metalhead here

|Matt|

New Metal Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hey guys.

New member here, I've got a few posts floating round but I thought I'd introduce myself properly.

My name is Matt, I'm 18 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am studying a tertiary course in Computers (Network and Systems Administration), although I am considering dropping out due to the lack of Networking subjects and extreme amount of Programming (which I am awful at).

My favourite bands are Parkway Drive, Chelsea Grin, Thy Art is Murder, Whitechapel, The Faceless and the Ghost Inside. Old Bring Me the Horizon isn't bad either!

Now, enough with the foreplay, heres the good stuff:

I have two guitars (three if you count the $50 classical guitar that primary school kids get for their first guitar), one Schecter 006 Elite (EMG81) and a Schecter Hellraiser C7 Hellraiser (EMG707). Both have the 18 volt mod and I love them both.

I play a Peavey 6505 (standard version, I personally dislike the 6505+) through a Hughes and Kettner Vortex 412 cabinet. I am saving for an ENGL 4x12 V60 loaded cab, I think they sound simply insane with the 6505.

I am in a band called 'One With the Buried'. We originally played Dropped B deathcore, however we have recently dropped to A, got an extra string and have become much heavier, less scene sounding deathcore, more Whitechapel influenced.

Check us out if you have a minute: www.myspace.com/onewiththeburied

Here are my babies:
l_7b7d7aa464524e6bb320bdbd8b4c4d42.jpg

cheers for reading.
Matt