New Metallica cover art....

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
hmmm....looks just like a pussy (circa 1972 :lol:)....that can't be a good
sign! :lol:

metallica.jpg

They've never had truly exceptional or creative cover art anyways, aside from Master of Puppets. The best thing about this cover is the OLD LOGO is back! :headbang:

It's an interesting concept based on James' statement, which may provide some better lyrics since he's really good at that dark, introspective shit.

In an interview conducted yesterday (Wednesday, July 16) by VG TV at the opening show of the second leg of METALLICA's European summer tour in Bergen, Norway, guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield stated about the new album title, "'Death Magnetic', at least the title, to me, it's… It had something to do with… It started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley [ALICE IN CHAINS] and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, some people are drawn towards it, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. So that's kind of the subject matter."

redundant much?

in any case, the title sucks. The music might suck as much as the title.

I hope for the best but no1 should blame me or any1 on their doubts about this record.

It would be better if they put some full songs on myspace.

Basically they won't since they are afraid of the overall reaction.

I doubt they're afraid of anyone's reaction to the CD. They have so many different packages that they're selling for the CD, the Mission Metallica site where you can watch footage of them recording and rehearsing, Guitar Hero 3 will have Death Magnetic for download on the day its released... they aren't afraid of promoting this cd.

they are afraid it will affect the sales though. I myself have been keeping track on this stuff too.
Its more or less Black albumish in terms of speed and overall rhythmic pattern.

Hetfields voice on the other hand......he needs to regress......alot

I think his voice is going back to how it used to be... at least when they play And Justice For All live. He sounds fantastic on the recent live shows, too. We can only sit, wait, and hope my $130 wasn't stupid.

Reading James' statement, the first thought that came to mind was....OMG, James is a f*ing genius....:Smug::rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong, I loved Metallica back in the day, but since James got himself a vocal coach, and Lars became a baby, after the Black album, I stopped listening to them. I gave each album after that a spin, came to the conclusion that it sucked, and then hoped for the "old" Metallica to re-emerge. Let's hope that someone lights a fire under their collective a$$es for this album, or it's just gonna get overlooked by me again, vagina coffin or not ;)