New mix. Glitchy Synth Metalcore

Pash

Jan 1, 2011
Bournemouth UK

Used a few new tricks on this one. Need some feedback on if they paid off ;)

Would you say the bass was too loud or?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
love the effect at 37s, what did you use?

Sounds really good! Nice work on the synths.

Can you tell us more about what you used here? Cause it sounds Pro for real Ô_o

,yeah the bass is definately way too loud and a bit too boomy awell ..
wish there was some good singing in this or maybe even a little more technical drumming cause its kinda boring..
but all in all its a very cool song ..

@Drope934 Its a really simple effect man :) Grab the part you want to glitch, cut a 32nd section out of it on the grid and copy paste untill it's long enough. Gives it that CD skipping sound. :)
Thanks about the synths! :) I use miroslav philharmonik. Its not the greatest I'll admit, but it works just fine for what I need. The rest were done in ReFX Nexus. Touch of reverb, and I left it alone.

@Brady_K I was thinking that after I mixed down, kinda close to where I want it to sound though, with less boom. Yeah Im really not the greatest at programming drums, I just get lazy. And thankyou for the kind words man. I'll get my tweak on, as I think this is going to be the mix template for the entire EP.

@Blackclouds, Thankyou bro! :)

hey man:)

what kind of bass do ya use and how is your bass chain?! (eq settings)

Nice song

is it bassdrum nr10 ;) ?!

greetz

Thanks man! Ahh I see, I didn't notice that, is it just a personal taste thing or is it really hurting the mix? x

hmm.. its not hurting, it just sucked with my iphone earphones. don't know why but it just sounds too compressed especially the snare :mad:

on my speakers this mix sounds really fine, but it's a bit to boomy.

great mix, bass is a little bit too loud though. How did you achieve that drum sound starting around 1:08? I really like that.

Tracks cool, very We Came As Romans - esque. Especially the electronica drum parts

Mix ruins it a bit for me. Bass is a bit too boomy. Doesn't really have any definition. With the right bass tone, you could enhance that guitar tone 10 fold. I'd also work on the snare and give it a bit more room/verb.

But yeah, good song is good

Totally hear you guys about the bass. It's all programmed with this really terrible, 4Front bass vst. Probably going to upgrade to Trillian for demoing with. Definatly agree on it needing more actual tone.

Listening now for the first time in a while, on my girlfriends laptop speakers, it sounds horribly over compressed. I think thats whats affecting the snare, squishing it down too much, I'll keep playing and post a new mix soon. thanks so much for all your input, really is helping. Thanks for all the kind words!

@beneath the bliss, its simply just an electronic kit from Cubase 5 Groove Agent, Spent a little time programming in a basic kick snare pattern, then I literally just 32nd some of the notes, and offbeat some of the hits, takes a little time, but the end result is worth it.

Thanks guys!

Sounds pretty awesome.

wish there was some good singing in this or maybe even a little more technical drumming cause its kinda boring..
but all in all its a very cool song ..
Each to their own.
Plenty of people don't need vocals to appreciate quality music.