New mix (Not metal)

justinITB

Mar 22, 2010
www.myspace.com
Ive been in the process of recording this song with my friend for over a month. And its finally done. Its a song for the band he is trying to put together. Some of the singing is alittle rough, but its the best he could do.

No bass guitar because i dont own one, and he kept saying he was gonna borrow a friends but never got around to it. So pretend you hear the low end.....

Other than that, im pretty happy with how it turned out.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702817/myke1.3.mp3

The whole thing is too dark and muffled man. Gonna need a lot of work.
You gotta reference your stuff against pro productions. I referenced your track to some of the best rock productions I have on my comp and yours is just so muffled and lacking in clarity

too much verb on vocals for me

and cymbals (especially hats) sound digital, hard to explain but kinda the sound if you over stretch something with elastic audio (i know its not elastic audio, just an example of what i mean by "digital")

and like what Harry said, too dark.

The whole thing is too dark and muffled man. Gonna need a lot of work.
You gotta reference your stuff against pro productions. I referenced your track to some of the best rock productions I have on my comp and yours is just so muffled and lacking in clarity

too much verb on vocals for me

and cymbals (especially hats) sound digital, hard to explain but kinda the sound if you over stretch something with elastic audio (i know its not elastic audio, just an example of what i mean by "digital")

and like what Harry said, too dark.

Your'e absolutely right, too dark. I dont know why i didnt do anything about that, i guess after listening to it a million times on loop it just started to sound normal.

As for the verb on the vocals, he insisted on it, the kid loves mega delay and reverb.

And the hi hats, I didn't edit or stretch them at all. The drums were programed then i just played the cymbals. I dont know why they sound weird.

so track with verb then drop it down a little bit when bouncing the final. he wont ever notice.

and as for the cymbals maybe im just picky. and im sure to people who dont know anything about production wouldnt be able to tell anyway.