New Mixxy Mix (PT8, DFH, Drumagog, TSE 30X, AmpegSVX)

urinebath

Terminal E
Jun 5, 2007
Cleveland, OH
www.myspace.com
Let me know what you ladies and gents think.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8433800

What I used:

Protools 8
DFH Superior,
Drumagog replacing kick, snare and toms. It think they're the Chimairaqua drums.
Left Guitar: REQ7 > TSE 30X (splat88 settings) > Boogex, Framus Cab
Right Guitar: REQ7 > TSE 30X (splat88 settings) > Boogex, ENGL Cab
Bass - Ampeg SVX - Slight overdrive

I know right now my monitors (KRK 6's) are masking my mid range so it's a bit hot in that department on mixdown. Gotta cut that back.

I also have a PSP Vintage Warmer on the main-out which I think I'm going to strip off and just put a slight EQ and L2 or L3.

Send me a raw track or tracks of you singing on it and I'll mix it in there. That would be fun!

My singer is taking forever to do anything.....

6.5 out of 10: What would you suggest?

(54 views and 1 comment = YOUR MIX SUCKS. hahah nice.)

I like your guitar tone but i'd pan them more L and R And the guitars are a bit muddy i think, too much lo-mids, or maybe the bass. It'is rumbling sometimes
And something weird is going with the drums. The snare is too loud and the rest of the kit is too quiet

I hope i could help

Guitars are a little muddy and they've got that whoomph on the palm mutes. Try taming from 100-200hz with a multiband compressor or something on the guitars.

Guitars are a little muddy and they've got that whoomph on the palm mutes. Try taming from 100-200hz with a multiband compressor or something on the guitars.

Agreed. I don't think the C4 with Sneap setting is working as an Aux that both guitars are sent to.

YEah the mids are out of control. Realizing my KRK speakers are hiding the mid whoofies until I hear it in a mixdown. Also I'm getting too much fizz in the guitars gotta check that.

Thanks!!!!

(105 views, 3 actual comments. Now I really know this mix sucks. Yeeeesh!)

I think the kick has too much click and not enough umf. not a huge fan of the snare sample either. sounds really dry. needs some eqing maybe? try to bring out a little more thud to compliment the crack so it sounds more powerful. guitars are really woofy. over all, the recording sounds very natural, but a little too natural imo. if I were to listen to this without you saying what you did, I would guess everything was done with real amps, and real drum, except for the kick.

on an off-topic note, I live in Orrville. about 45 min sound of cleveland.

I agree... snare sample sound too dry.

kick needs more low end thump... the cymbals (hihat mostly) sound REALLY fake... maybe try giving some lows back to the hats... that tends to make them sound more realistic when using sample libraries like Superior...

the guitars are up front too much and a bit muddy...

just a couple points I'm agreeing on...

on an off-topic note, I live in Orrville. about 45 min sound of cleveland.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to be messing with this tonight for my Friday Night fun.

Would you be interested in throwing down some vocals on this stuff? You were the singer of that Outrun the Gun band right?

The singer I have now is taking forever to track anything, very frustrating. Or if you know of other singers, bass, drummer... :kickass: Me and the other guitarist already have 12-15 songs written, just need to find some solid other dudes.

Ok. I took the suggestions from everyone. Took out alot of mids on the guitar/bass. Added some more girth to the kick and snare. Put a REQ6 on the main out to take out more mids and add a smidge of bass and slapped an L2 on there for good measure.

How's it now?
Song9 Mix 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8436080

Let me know what you ladies and gents think.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8433800

What I used:

Protools 8
DFH Superior,
Drumagog replacing kick, snare and toms. It think they're the Chimairaqua drums.
Left Guitar: REQ7 > TSE 30X (splat88 settings) > Boogex, Framus Cab
Right Guitar: REQ7 > TSE 30X (splat88 settings) > Boogex, ENGL Cab
Bass - Ampeg SVX - Slight overdrive

I know right now my monitors (KRK 6's) are masking my mid range so it's a bit hot in that department on mixdown. Gotta cut that back.

I also have a PSP Vintage Warmer on the main-out which I think I'm going to strip off and just put a slight EQ and L2 or L3.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to be messing with this tonight for my Friday Night fun.

Would you be interested in throwing down some vocals on this stuff? You were the singer of that Outrun the Gun band right?

The singer I have now is taking forever to track anything, very frustrating. Or if you know of other singers, bass, drummer... :kickass: Me and the other guitarist already have 12-15 songs written, just need to find some solid other dudes.

nice! sounds a lot better man. I'm diggin it. if you're looking for some actual "singing" I'd be down. I didn't do much screaming in the band. I stay in touch with all the guys from the band. our drummer is my go-to-guy for a studio drummer. he's amazing! he's always ALWAYS dead on the click. he used to play with one live. he's also very tasteful. never overdoes the drums, but plays exactly what he needs to when he needs to. you can hear him here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752403/OTG vox rough-01.mp3

we did a "farewell song" this is a rough mix. still needs my singing parts (I picked a perfect time to get a really nasty cold). the plan is to get it done by our last show on the 12th. let me know what ya think.

edit: added you on AIM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752403/OTG vox rough-01.mp3

we did a "farewell song" this is a rough mix. still needs my singing parts (I picked a perfect time to get a really nasty cold). the plan is to get it done by our last show on the 12th. let me know what ya think.
When I first listened I thought hmmm... 5150's and behold. I was right. Very bitey. I really dig the bigger open chorus part. Nice chords.

ps. My girlfriend was raised in Belville, so I'm down there alot visiting her family and junk all the time.

When I first listened I thought hmmm... 5150's and behold. I was right. Very bitey. I really dig the bigger open chorus part. Nice chords.

ps. My girlfriend was raised in Belville, so I'm down there alot visiting her family and junk all the time.

actually all the guitars were pod farmed. I think there's a couple 5150's in there, but there also an engl and a recto or 2 if I remember correctly. not familiar with belville. where is that?