New Monitors

CameronHarris

New Metal Member
Dec 26, 2011
So I've been using a pair of Mackie MR8 reference monitors. One of them had a serious internal fault a couple months ago and I had it repaired (still under warranty). Now, the XLR input on the other one has decided it doesn't want to play nice.

They're still under warranty, so I've decided that I'll get a refund or exchange if I can (if not, I'll just get the busted one repaired).

Any recommendations? I've been thinking about KRK, Yamaha or M Audio.

They actually look really nice man! I've shot them an email asking how much postage would be to Australia. For something that size/weight, I wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

Anyone know anything about the Alesis M1 MKII? A friend had a set and they sounded pretty nice. But I only heard them once or twice.

It's looking like I'll have to just get the faulty one repaired. Might look into those Equators anyway. Thanks dude.

When I had my 5s I hated them. There is too much bass hype, the highs were harsh, and the most distracting thing are the crazy amounts of mid they have. It's like a mid canon going off in your face.

When I had my 5s I hated them. There is too much bass hype, the highs were harsh, and the most distracting thing are the crazy amounts of mid they have. It's like a mid canon going off in your face.

that's the same thing I'm facing of. At first time, i thought that it's my interface (digi002) that gave mid power. now I know it because of KRK 5'