New music from STRIDE guitarist, Joel Gregoire

sccaldwell

Guitarist Wannabe
I was listening to Stride's fantastic CD "Imagine," and it made me wonder if there was any news on the band (yes, I know they broke up), or their members.

Found this article that guitarist Joel Gregoire has released a solo instrumental CD ("Deranged Kids of the Electric Playground") that's getting great reviews (no surprise here). It apparently came out back in August 2011.

Joel Gregoire: One-Man Metal Extravaganza

It's available on Amazon and probably elsewhere, if you're interested. I haven't heard it yet, but knowing Joel, I have no doubt it's phenomenal.

Later,

Craig

Thanks so much for posting this. I just grabbed the last one available on Amazon. Hopefully, they will get more. They do have it for down load.

Imagine was a brilliant album.:worship: Easily near the top of my all time favorites. I had a chance to meet Joel a couple of years ago when he did a guitar work shop at PP. He is a truly great guy and very humble, and of course his playing was brilliant. :OMG:

Agreed, great music. I saw Joel a couple of years ago play these songs and some old Stride instrumentals. It was in a small club and advertised as Houston's Guitar Heros. He was ripping it up with a DAT for background. Also selling CDRs of the album. I'd love to see more of him live ... with this material.

The last I heard, he is still doing a few local shows in Houston with "Unchained", a Van Halen tribute band. Saw it once and don't care to repeat it. Let's just say it wasn't my taste in music (DLR era VH) and it was a sloppy drunk mess.