New Nothing Day! (With pictures of nothing, because that's what I got! Goddamnit!)

JBroll

I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!
Mar 8, 2006
San Antonio, TX, USA
While ordering presents last month I ran into a little trouble finding something I wanted from a seller in the States. This left me with no choice but to order from a seller in Nowhere Of Importance Whatsoever, East South Lower West Buckingtonhamshiresville, England.

img20120106024115.jpg

I can't recall exactly what book I ordered, but I distinctly remember it being a thing of some description, having physical presence of some kind and occupying some small part of space. There seems, however, to be some disagreement on this matter.

img20120106024149.jpg

Two things of note: first, I have apparently come across some highly valuable imported nothing - four pounds' worth, to be exact, which indicates a phenomenal unit cost for said nothing; second, the seller thought so highly of this nothing that applying the adhesive seal on the envelope seemed unnecessary, as the sheer brilliance of nothing at all would bring the envelope to life just to hold itself together by magic, sunshine, and the hopes and dreams of the innocent.

While dealing with customs can be a troubling affair at times, I'm sure that they're now just being cocks with their label disclaimers.

img20120106024230.jpg

I suppose that I should be happy with my absolutely nothing in any way at all, since I'm sure its designer very carefully didn't design it, that it wasn't crafted with the utmost of craftsmanship, and that the shipper didn't ship it with the most delicate care. Unfortunately, it arrived too late to be a suitable gift; more unfortunately, it doesn't match my desk.

img20120106024246.jpg

Since I've been out of action for a while, I should offer my belated holiday wishes - may your holidays have been filled with fewer unintended fires, missed last calls, missed business calls, missed booty calls, interactions with local public servants and related personnel, interactions with misdosed substances - controlled or otherwise - in the middle of crowded streets, and delayed shipments than mine.

Jeff

If you can furnish a non-sealed, self-addressed, stamped envelope I may be able to not share some of this nothing with you. You'll have to hurry, though, as I doubt that it will fail to last long.

Jeff

Major GAS for this

On the plus side, for the entirety of the OP, I thought you actually received a pick and a lollipop wrapper.