New Orleans ... and its future

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
Yesterday I was reading on CNN that New Orleans has launched the first ever wi-fi network launched and owned by a city. All of NO will be wi-fi by next year ... with parts of it already up and running
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/11/29/wireless.neworleans.ap/index.html

this got me thinking ...

There is a very interesting thing happening in that city. Since most of it will need reconstruction and or repair there is a lot of opportunity to make money there in all industries. It seems like a great place to make a killing financially in the next few years. Not only that but since most things will need to be done from scratch I am sure only the best technology will be used.

The gov't might be stubborn now, but I am willing to bet money will pour into the city soon enough and business will eventually boom ... there is too much pride in that town. Been there once and remember the type of people there.

So what am I saying? ... I was thinking to maybe go down and scope out the situation. It would be somewhat exciting to be involved in the rebuilding of a city. I have experience in Project Management or even see what other oppotunities are there for private consulting business ...

just doing some long term thinking ... wondering :cool:

any thoughts ... anyone give a shit??? :loco:

PS: JK especially, you have done some extensive stays in numerous US cities ... did you ever "look around" for these type of opportunities

i heard that homeless shelters are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to passing out holiday meals this year, because all the po' folk cash is going to Nawlins instead. because after all, america's wealth is pretty low in such trying military-industrial-complex-dominating times such as these.

what'd you expect, a less than blatant america-hating commie response from me? :loco:

forget "America-hating" ... this is about selfish wealth building opportunities and doing some good while gathering :loco:

haha

i was told to recruit out of work construction dudes from NOLA right after the disaster. i didn't spend much time on that project. :dopey: although i wouldn't be surprised if we sent some people over there during the time of rebuilding. haven't gotten any calls yet (and we're too busy right now anyhow), but 6 months from now, who knows.

lurch70 said:
PS: JK especially, you have done some extensive stays in numerous US cities ... did you ever "look around" for these type of opportunities

Not really. What you're looking at in New Orleans is:

- construction
- infrastructure
- life jackets :loco:

None of which I have any involvement.

The other thing about this cesspit of a 'city' is that it's corrupt as fuck. If you ever got involved in any shit down there, you'd be up to your eyeballs in backhanders. Most of the cops and politicans there are scum.

there is a lot more there for the future then what you mentioned ... the city was virtually destroyed ...

i am not saying "work" for the gov't ... but the gov't WILL give allowances to businesses ... that they will eventually spend.

I look at it almost like how a city in India prospers when westenr co.s start pumping money in.

You just have to be there at the right time ... in the early stages ... and be involved.