New Peaceville Signings

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Direct from Peaceville

We are very proud to announce our first major new signings of 2002; Sweden’s The Great Deceiver.

Label boss Hammy had this to say; It was always a great privilege working with Tomas when At The Gates were signed to Peaceville in the mid 90’s, in our opinion Tomas is one of the best vocalists/songwriters of his generation, we’ve kept up a firm friendship down the years and I’m absolutely fucking delighted to have him back on the label.

Tomas Lindberg; Why did we choose Peaceville? Well, there are two reasons really...

First of all I’ve known Hammy & Lisa for over 10 years, they know who I am and where I come from, they have always supported me 100 %, It’s down to mutual respect basically...

Secondly, all the other labels that wanted to sign us hadn’t even heard the record, it felt like they were interested more about the ex-At The Gates sticker they could put on the cover...whereas Peaceville flipped when they heard the record, they saw what we wanted to do and they wanted to release it because of the strength of the record. The Great Deceiver is a very different band, what we looked for in a label was someone that shared our visions, both musically, lyrically & philosophically and Peaceville certainly fit that bill… world domination starts here.

A Venom Well Designed

1: Pierced
2: The Living End
3: Poisoned Chalice
4: After The Flood
5: Enter The Martyrs
6: The Demons Lair
7: Arsenic Dreams
8: Strychnine
9: The Blade
10: Leave It All Behind
11: Destroy - Adore