New Pod Mix..Need opinions!!!!

i personally think that the guitars are too loud and that may be a reason why i find the vocals pushed to the back. btw i like the tone and the snythlike effects!

Yeah guitars are way too loud. Also it sounds like you are "pushing" the shit out of this mix. How much are you limiting it? Do you know the RMS? Shit is loud as fuck, but to the point that it's almost not listenable. I really dig the kicks too. They fit well with the mix itself. Just a few tweaks here and there and this shit will be nasty. Good luck dude.

Sorry to be a pain, but what's the tempo of your track? In my opinion, i think you should use a multiband comp. for guitars. Possibly to push down the mids (some parts). It's has a little too much mid-range (some parts). And bring them down just a tad, and your golden.

btw, if im not mistaken, your using nigel for bass?

Yeah guitars are way too loud. Also it sounds like you are "pushing" the shit out of this mix. How much are you limiting it? Do you know the RMS? Shit is loud as fuck, but to the point that it's almost not listenable. I really dig the kicks too. They fit well with the mix itself. Just a few tweaks here and there and this shit will be nasty. Good luck dude.

yea i was really disappointed that the guitars turned out soo loud lol. i was trying to finish everything one night cause i had to get it back to them in a matter of a few hours and my ears were shot :/ as for the volume lol. i was listening to other mixes and messing with gclip and my limiter at the same time. i took some off of my mastering mimiter, and next thing i know the whole mix jumps up like 5 db. i dont know the RMS but it wouldnt surprise me if it was -7 LOL. but yea i full agree with you. thanks for the input!

Sorry to be a pain, but what's the tempo of your track? In my opinion, i think you should use a multiband comp. for guitars. Possibly to push down the mids (some parts). It's has a little too much mid-range (some parts). And bring them down just a tad, and your golden.

btw, if im not mistaken, your using nigel for bass?

Tempo is 115. bass is digital, but i was using the ampeg svx sim with the tse BOD pedal as well as L1 limiter, and some EQ