New pop-punk/metal track. Would really appreciate feedback!

rooa

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2011
Hey guys! Just uploaded my newest track. It's pop-punk with some metal thrown in. I'd really love to hear what you guys think of it, even though it might not be your cup of tea. What do you think of the track itself? I've gotten some feedback that the cymbals are too pumping.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Periphery/Bulb-esque. The writing/playing is fucking amazing, I really like this. As far as the mix goes, I'd get rid of some of the highs on the guitars cause it makes it slightly harsh. The snare sounds good but could be a little louder. I agree with the pumping on the cymbals. The kick is a little too clicky/Avatar kit for my taste, but I'd say maybe mess with the compression on the kick. Great song though!

Very Periphery/Bulb-esque. The writing/playing is fucking amazing, I really like this. As far as the mix goes, I'd get rid of some of the highs on the guitars cause it makes it slightly harsh. The snare sounds good but could be a little louder. I agree with the pumping on the cymbals. The kick is a little too clicky/Avatar kit for my taste, but I'd say maybe mess with the compression on the kick. Great song though!

Haha thanks a lot man! Periphery is a major inspiration to me. Just love that kind of riff driven music. I see what you mean. Will definitely work on those things when I get home.

Thanks again man :D

Good song, I agree with what the other guy said on pretty much all accounts... the kick is okay sounding to me though... clicky is pretty much par for the course these days

Much improved, I'd like to hear a little more bass guitar though, but I think it's all most ready. The pumping brass is still... pumping, but a typical listener probably wouldn't notice something like that.