New pop rock mix.

the mix sounds really solid, i like it alot. the mix has almost a CLA boys like girls feel to me
the vocals sound really good. what mic/pre did you use?

what did you use guitar wise?

Oh wow, thank you! Vocals were just a SM7b > Presonus D8 > Digi002. Distorted guitars were Epi Les Paul (stock pups) > modded JCM800 > Orange 4x12 (v30s and greenbacks) > SM57 > Presonus D8. The clean guitars were Guitar Rig 4 using the AC30 model.

I really like this man! The mix is really spacious and 3d sounding. Did you use reverb or delay to achieve that?
Personally I think the vocals really stand out on the track, they sound great!

I really like this man! The mix is really spacious and 3d sounding. Did you use reverb or delay to achieve that?
Personally I think the vocals really stand out on the track, they sound great!

Thanks! There's a verb and/or delay on almost everything. This band's singer would sound great through a fucking laptop mic. Excellent control and pitch.

Awesome mix and songwriting! The singer is reaaaally good. Don't have anything to complain about really! +1

I really like the drums on this. What did you use?

overheads - rode nt5
kick - akg d112 inside & custom 6" subkick in front
snare - sm57
rack tom - sm57
floor tom - akg d112
hihat - oktava mc012
stereo room - maudio nova & mxl v63m

mixed with samples i took from the kit (chop shop custom drums - made by rikki rockett of poison and brian cocivera). snare has a slate room sample blended also. sslchannel on everything, parallel comp w/ 1176 & altiverb.

mix is good real natural sounding probably due to real drums/amps etc

something weird going on with the vocals for me though. i think it might be the vibrato. if thats how he sung it though, i guess you cant do much about that. possibly something weird going on with the pitch correction at some parts too (or lack of). if youre using a plugin that can disable notes i would try to disable the following notes: C D F G A# (those notes arent in the scale of the tune and would throw it off..)

mix is good real natural sounding probably due to real drums/amps etc

something weird going on with the vocals for me though. i think it might be the vibrato. if thats how he sung it though, i guess you cant do much about that. possibly something weird going on with the pitch correction at some parts too (or lack of). if youre using a plugin that can disable notes i would try to disable the following notes: C D F G A# (those notes arent in the scale of the tune and would throw it off..)

you're hearing his vibrato. funny thing is he actually backed it off a bit for this song. all of my tuning is done with autotune in graphic mode also.