New Powerhouse!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Well after just having watched the bonus DVD that came with the latest Shaman album, I must say this band has found themselves and Thiago is an incredible frontman.

We obviously have a no-brainer for a future PP appearance; not to mention, the album itself blows away the new Angra. I can't believe this band already has 3 DVD's out! You guys have to check out this latest DVD; Live at The Masters of Rock with an Orchestra in Prague!!!:OMG:

Agreed on a future ProgPower appearance.
Agreed on an awesome new album.
Agreed on three great DVDs.

Now for Christ's fucking sake, put the band's name on your thread. I almost thought to myself "There, another stupid named band (Powerhouse) Pat likes..."

:lol:

LOL; by the way, you didn't agree or disagree with my statement that it blows away the latest Angra. I tried editing the title just for you, but it wouldn't allow me. I guess the curiosity will cause people to click and read who I am referring to!

LOL; by the way, you didn't agree or disagree with my statement that it blows away the latest Angra. I tried editing the title just for you, but it wouldn't allow me. I guess the curiosity will cause people to click and read who I am referring to!

Well, I wouldn't really say blow it away. The new Angra is another Fireworks in their catalogue. It's not power metal at all. It's very progressive. Good, but not very heavy. I like it, but as a Power metal album, the new Shaman does win.

By the way, Thiago Bianchi is an amazing singer!

Here's a teaser of the Live DVD with the Orchestra:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUBnZq-5cM&feature=related[/ame]

Now for Christ's fucking sake, put the band's name on your thread. I almost thought to myself "There, another stupid named band (Powerhouse) Pat likes..."

:lol:

This is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site and I've noticed it a lot lately.

As for me, considering the Symfonia thread, I was guessing it to be another supergroup band.

I only have the first two Shaman discs, but I need to get their others, all the Angra stuff and that other Brazillian band -- Aquarius I think? For some reason these are bands I've neglected, yet always find enjoyable when people post clips of them.

By the way, Thiago Bianchi is an amazing singer!Here's a teaser of the Live DVD with the Orchestra:

If he is an amazing singer, he should have showed it in that teaser clip. What I heard was a singer that couldn't find his place within the heavy orchestrated music (which btw didn't sound any good), had weak tone-control and sounded like he was losing his breath.

Sorry, but judging from that video clip I still BY FAR prefer Matos era Shaman (although I prefer Matos over most anyone else in power metal, so ...)

c.

If he is an amazing singer, he should have showed it in that teaser clip. What I heard was a singer that couldn't find his place within the heavy orchestrated music (which btw didn't sound any good), had weak tone-control and sounded like he was losing his breath.

Sorry, but judging from that video clip I still BY FAR prefer Matos era Shaman (although I prefer Matos over most anyone else in power metal, so ...)

c.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that I like Thiago better than Andre (everyone knows I don't). I wasn't actually using that clip to showcase his talent either, it was mainly to show the teaser of that DVD. I think it's often tough to judge a singer based on his live performance. Khan has an amazing voice, he's a lot of people's favorite and he's not very consistent live. I think based on Thiago Bianchi's career, he's a much better singer than a lot of the "favorites" around here. Check out his work with Karma, if you're not familiar. The kid is good.