New - Premium UM Membership!

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Hi all,

In our continuing efforts to ensure the stability and growth of the site, while doing our best to make sure the site and its hardware can meet the current rate of growth (as far as the number of users is concerned), we're opening up a new scheme to replace our current donation system.

The Premium Membership system is a way for users to contribute a set amount per year, and in exchange get a little something in return.
Premium Membership is just US$15 per year, and for your money you will receive:

- the ability to post attachments
- a PM limit of 1,000 messages (general users have a 100 message limit; past donators have 250)
- a free @ultimatemetal.com email address (on request)
- 10MB of webspace (with the address of yourusername.ultimatemetal.com) for your personal use* (on request)
- 10% discount on ALL titles in the MetalAges Store
- special contests and giveaways
- a special forum where you can chat with UM staff about what you'd like to see on the site, amongst other things.
You will also have the following image under your username:
premium_member.gif

The memberships will go towards improving/maintaining UM's hardware, beginning initially with additional RAM and, if we receive enough Premium Memberships, and additional server to run as a dedicated database server (which will make everything go ziiiip)!

To enjoy these benefits, and help UM as well, simply go here and click 'Join'.

Once your payment is processed via PayPal (you CAN use PayPal if you're not a member! Simply add your payment details as normal. Non-US users, please be sure to click the 'Outside The U.S.?' link!), you will automatically be made a Premium Member, with access to those benefits currently available, with the others to follow this week.

I thank you for your generosity in the past, and in your continuing support!

Ultimate Metal Premium Memberships

(* - webspace is not to contain any MP3s other than those which you have express permission to distribute, or hold the copyright to.)

Cheers,
Mark

That's because there was no way to do it with the old version :) Since the upgrade, ya would've had a higher limit than most tho;)

I joined too :p
But how do we request the e-mail and domain? PM you? Post it here? WHat? Well I'll do the latter, I want both :D

What kind of attachments is able to be posted? How big? And shall they be uploaded on UM's server?

This is odd! I can post attachments on this thread, though I'm not a "Premium Member"! But only on this thread!

Attachments

• new_logo.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 71
To enjoy these benefits, and help UM as well, simply go here and click 'Join'.

Mark,
When I click on "go here" it takes me to the subscription page but there is no "join" to click on. Am I missing something? Help! I am a computer illiterate!

Hawk,
You by no means are "old"! Let me tell you about "old"!

LuCinda

Hi Lucinda - our error. The form is now back, however it seems there's still one bug left in it since a recent update, so it *may* not work for you (!!). Hope to have it sorted out soon...

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The ones who don't pay can't post on the board or I missed something ?
yes, just back right now ... and I didn't success to start a topic, *denied* it said.