New Redemption disc

Lovin it-listened to it three times on the 8 hour drive back to FL from PP. Sorry to hear about Parker's illness. Good to luck to you, her and your family, nick.

:worship:notworthy:worship:

Enough said. So glad I finally got home and can listen to it now. :OMG:

Nick, you have outdone yourself! Good job!

Redemption has now released their "Operation:Mindcrime," "Scenes From a Memory," "A Pleasant Shade of Gray". I predict with confidence that in 5 years (probably far less), "Snowfall on Judgement Day" will be viewed alongside these others in lists of "essential" progmetal CDs.

It's easily one of the best CDs I've heard in 10 years. I *loved* their previous discs, but this one takes it up several notches in every positive way. I bought nearly 20 CDs at ProgPower this year, but unfortunately for the others, the new Redemption was the first one I put in. It's since had about 10 plays, but I haven't played any of the others even once.

Also was *very* sorry to hear about Parker's condition. I hate seeing bad things happen to good people, so let's hope for the best. Thoughts and prayers going out for the van Dyk family.

Craig

I am another one who hopes for the best for Parker and Nick's family. It must be very difficult.

Man, this album keeps kicking my ass. I haven't heard a single different album since I got home, and I have quite a few new discs to listen to. Nothing touches this, album of the year for sure!!

I gave this CD a proper listen with good headphones and the lyrics last night when I got home... My only regret is that I was too tired to listen to it again *IMMEDIATELY* after the last notes finished ringing. It is an amazing piece of art, and any lofty expectations I may have had prior to hearing this have been far exceeded. Thanks Nick, Ray, Bernie, Sean, Chris and Greg for creating this masterpiece - and I'm not ashamed to admit that "Keep Breathing" brought me to tears.

I listened to the new Redemption disc yesterday driving back, while FatesFan was passed out in the passenger's seat! Hehehehehe....

Anyway, I think it's a killer disc and was very pleased with what I heard. It shouldn't disappoint anyone that's a fan of this band from prior efforts. :kickass:

~Brian~

I brought the disc into work with me today so I can give it a listen! Cannot wait to hear this!

You and me both. My boss comes to me this morning, after seeing me headbanging in the office and asks me who this band is.

I say Redemption. He goes... "Hah, he sounds like the singer for Fates Warning."

I respond, "I just saw Fates headline the best music festival in the US this past weekend."

He is mad at me for not telling him about it now. :lol:

I bought the new Redemption, Porcupine Tree and Guilt Machine albums at PPUSA. I was disappointed with the PT and the Guilt Machine album, but the new Redemption more than made up for them! Good year; Dream Theater, Amorphis and now Redemption.

I listened to it on the plane Monday morning...my first reaction...it was good, but not great. There is no sapphire on it...Ray sounds like he is slowly losing his great range...I'd compare it to a recent Fates disc... its strong but it doesn't compare to the older stuff. So saying that... I am going to sit down with this disc and re-evaluate it tonight. Listening to anything after three days of musical assault on the ears makes it tough. I know I heard some awesome stuff there, I was tired as hell on that plane ride.

I also listened to it on the plane on the way home on Sunday and I thought it was fantastic. Their best album yet. Keep up the good work guys!!!

I am not a fan of Redemption - tried to get into their previous work and just couldn't do it...

However, on the road trip home my buds announced they were about to play the new one - I took out a book... which I quickly put down after about 2 minutes in song #1... the CD is outstanding and I'll be buying a copy...

very powerful stuff... Kudos to Redemption..