New Redemption Song

Sounded like Tom Englund doing his best to not sound like Tom Englund..... interesting.

Here is some more detail about the upcoming album, Long Night's Journey Into Day...

REDEMPTION - LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED; "LITTLE MEN" TRACK STREAMING

"....On July 27th, Redemption will release their seventh full-length album, Long Night's Journey Into Day - the first to be produced with Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Primal Fear, Amaranthe, Doro, etc.)....The new album can be pre-ordered..."

redempcdmay18.jpg

"....The follow-up to 2016's The Art Of Loss, which van Dyk counts amongst Redemption's very best, Long Night's Journey Into Day is inarguably the sound of a band at the height of their powers. As followers of Redemption are also aware, it is the first full-length since the departure of vocalist Ray Alder, and features the debut of Evergrey vocalist Tom Englund....Guitarists Chris Poland (Megadeth, OHM) and Simone Mularoni (DGM) return as guest musicians....As previously announced, Redemption will appear at ProgPower USA 2018 on September 8th in Atlanta, GA, with more US dates coming soon...."

REDEMPTION - PROGPOWER 2018 SHOW TO BE FILMED FOR DVD RELEASE

REDEMPTION JOINED BY KEYBOARDIST VIKRAM SHANKAR

REDEMPTION ANNOUNCE EVERGREY’S TOM ENGLUND AS NEW VOCALIST; LONG NIGHT’S JOURNEY INTO DAY ALBUM DUE IN 2018

The album artwork is great. The song is meh. Tom's vocals not as jarring as expected, but I've forgotten everything about the song 2 minutes after hearing it. Hoping for more melody on some of the other tracks.

I got my wish! Indulge in Color is a beast of a song. Most I've enjoyed a Redemption song since Black and White World. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album now.

Private Redemption concert Thursday morning

Simone Mularoni to perform with Redemption at Progpower XIX

REDEMPTION ANNOUNCE LOS ANGELES SHOW AT WHISKY A GO GO

"...Redemption guitarist Nik van Dyk has checekd in with the following update: "For those of you in Los Angeles who have been curious about my band, I'm pleased to announce we are playing the world famous Whiskey on the Sunset Strip on September 19th. Make me proud and let's sell out!" For ticket information go to this location...."

Redemption: New Video / Song released today 7/10

Long time Redemption fan here... seen the band 5 times...after listening to the new release this past weekend 4+ times I would be fine if they just played LONG NIGHT"S JOURNEY INTO DAY in it's entirety at PPXX... It stands out that much from their previous catalog to me!

Long time Redemption fan here... seen the band 5 times...after listening to the new release this past weekend 4+ times I would be fine if they just played LONG NIGHT"S JOURNEY INTO DAY in it's entirety at PPXX... It stands out that much from their previous catalog to me!

Agreed! I never thought they would be able to top "Fullness", but I honestly think they have here. This album is the best I have heard in many years, and I cannot stop listening to it.

Hey, guys. I'm a big fan of keyboards in my progressive metal. And I noticed that new Redemption keyboardist Vikram Shankar hadn't talked yet about joining the band, so I reached out to him for a Q&A. I thought it would be fun for fans to get some insight into him and what we can expect going forward, etc. For those interested, here you go...

Link: Interview with Vikram Shankar

Reactions: KingsGene