New release - Acid Empire - Debut Album

theelectricmikeorchestra

New Metal Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hi There

Not sure if I'm jumping the gun a bit here but the debut album from Acid Empire will soon be releasing a CD of their debut, self titled album which is already available as a digital download, The Lasers Edge looks just the place that would be interested in such a release, it's progressive metal with a very symphonic feel, theres some info available on the release below:

From the Album press release

2 Years in the making, an album covering a broad spectrum of sounds, classical and progressive, yet rooted in
a foundation of Rock and Metal. Acid Empire is an album with many surprises and abundant diversity.
Acid Empire began as the solo project of Season’s End bassist Mike Bridge, an idea formed by the result of a one off show with the band and a live symphonic orchestra, the idea was to include the orchestra as a
more prominent part of the music, allowing the intricacy of orchestral score to add another dimension to the epic nature of the metal genre.
The music was to be a blend of dramatic film score styled orchestral passages and heavy, guitar focused rock music with the freedom for solos and themes to develop throughout the album.
Vocally, it was to be just as diverse, with the lead role to be shared between the provoking male vocals of Jack Lipinski and the soulful female vocals of Hannah Bridge.
Coupled with the featured vocals of one of the most known and loved voices in the UK metal genre; Damian Wilson, the overall effect of this album is one of apocalyptic intensity, memorable melody lines develop
into unsettling dissonances but resolve into invigorating endings.

You can hear the whole album (bar the opening intro track) on soundcloud, following this link: http://soundcloud.com/acid-empire/sets/acid-empire-full-album

Acid%20Empire%20Album%20Cover.jpg

Hopefully this may be of interest to people at The Lasers Edge, I think this album would be right up their street! :)

Normally I ream someone out for spamming my forum...but this actually was pretty good! Please contact me via email when you have your disc available for sale and we'll get some for our inventory.

Ken Golden