New Review: Casus Belli - In The Name Of Rose

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
casus%20belli%20-%20in%20the%20name%20of%20rose.jpg

Limb Music has always been a label that I've had confidence in, out of the twenty-or-so albums I have from their catalog there isn’t a single one that I dislike. And now, once again, from the hallowed halls of Limb Music Products (LMP) comes another excellent metal band by the name of Casus Belli. As always with LMP releases, the booklet includes The Story So Far…, a brief history lesson on the band; according to this the band was formed in Greece in 1997 after singer Panos Dedes was a “hairs breadth” away from securing the vacant vocalist position in Judas Priest—which, of course, was ultimately given to Tim Owens. Clearly Owens was the better fit, but there is one song on this album that does show a side of Dedes’s vocals that does have a very big Halford quality to it; so while he doesn’t sound like Halford all the time, I think he could have done a very good job in the band. History lesson aside, Judas Priest got Owens and the metal world got another great metal band in Casus Belli.

To read the entire review CLICK HERE.