New Serenity, Fallen Sanctuary

DADRocks

Jul 14, 2006
Just picked up the new Serenity, Fallen Sanctuary, awesome cd!!! More progressive than the first but doesn't loose the Serenity sound. Thanks Glenn for turning me onto this band. Too bad they won't be at PP9 but here's hoping they are for PPX.

I have never heard their first one, but the point is that I to my ears it sounded like several vocal melodies were directly lifted from a Sonata album.

And you point is???? Sounding like Sonata Arctica is not a bad thing, I think this CD is wayyyyyyyy Better than the first.

Better than their first? I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. As far as them sounding like Sonata I definitely got that impression. The thing is, they sound like older Sonata, which the real Sonata doesn't even sound like anymore.

I'm not sure if it's better than the debut, but that would be near impossible anyway. Regardless, it's damn good...definitely more symphonic this time around. Neuhauser's vocals are top-notch again, and a lot of those melodies are like stickum in my brain. Just ordered the ltd.ed. from Laser CD :)

:OMG:
Sonata Arctica comes out with a new album, going back to their "old sound" and is cleverly disguised as a Serenity album! :lol::lol:

Seriously - this album kicks solid ass! I will definately be buying this CD at PP USA (crossing fingers that at least one vendor is selling it).

This only sounds like Sonata in that the singer sounds like Tony Kakko. The ballad "Fairytale" is very Sonata.

But I wouldn't want any Sonata fans to be misled into thinking this is Ecliptica or something. There aren't many speedy songs and Serenity is probably a bit chunkier and heavier than what we're used to from Sonata.