new Shortino

There was some cool discussions over the years that Paul Shortino worked his way into. I just saw on melodicrock.com that he has a new album coming out in June. The sound clips are kinda promising. It doesn't seem that he's lost a step at all.

Yes, I'd rather hear a new ass-kickin' Rough Cutt album, but I'll take what I can get. Hell, put him in some kinda new super group.

And for the record, I'd still say he'd be a good fill in for some new Badlands material. :kickass:

I love Shortino! I've been on a quest to find the Quiet Riot s/t disc that he did, but haven't had any luck yet. With that said, Rough Cutt's s/t album is a classic that's flown under the radar for years.

I'd love for Jake E Lee to come out of hibernation and do something again, especially with Shortino. :kickass:

~Brian~

EOT....its funny both of them live in Vegas and I know Paul personally. He is still a KILLER singer and is so underrated. Jake supposedly lives in a trailer and doesnt do anything. I have never even seen him in the scene here. Now I gotta get Paul's cd!! He gave me two other solo cds and they are amazing...one is called Sacred Ground and one is with John Northrup. Both are good cds.
I really respect Paul and am so happy he is getting some press...he still is sick. I have seen him play here in Vegas with his band several times. He should be doing bigger things and hopefully with this cd he will.:D

EOT....its funny both of them live in Vegas and I know Paul personally. He is still a KILLER singer and is so underrated. Jake supposedly lives in a trailer and doesnt do anything. I have never even seen him in the scene here. Now I gotta get Paul's cd!! He gave me two other solo cds and they are amazing...one is called Sacred Ground and one is with John Northrup. Both are good cds.
I really respect Paul and am so happy he is getting some press...he still is sick. I have seen him play here in Vegas with his band several times. He should be doing bigger things and hopefully with this cd he will.:D

Well, let Paul know that he's really well respected on this board. The progpower scene may not be something he's aware of. In addition, tell him to drag Jake's ass out into the sunlight and record something together! :devil:

~Brian~

Hey EOT....I left him a message to check out the forum...he would love this. I have actually told him about this music and he was impressed. I also need to get the new cd from him. I swear that mans voice is incredible!! So maybe you will hear from him!
:worship:

I have always thought Shortino was vastly underrated and under appreciated. The 80's was full of many great singers and even more not so great. Shortino for me was very high on the list of great vocalists. It's great that he is still active and can still belt it out.

Hey EOT, I just got this in my e-mail from Paul:
METAL HEAVEN - THE JUNE 2009 RELEASES:
Shortino - Chasing My Dream (Released June 26): US singer Paul Shortino is well-known for his huge back catalogue which includes a couple of Hard Rock classic releases with his bands Rough Cutt and Quiet Riot but also from him as a solo artist.
Shortino's newest collaboration is an album with world renown producer Michael Voss (Casanova, Silver). Shortino adds, “The new tracks are amazing. I have a renewed inspiration to write and record music that comes from within. I am looking forward to touring and performing the new material for all the fans. We have a smokin' hot band that can really deliver and put on a show. Quite honestly, I can't wait.”
Tracklist (and previews): 1. Remember You, 2. To The Cross, 3. Prelude Missing, 4. Missing, 5. Nocturnal, 6. Side FX, 7. Alone They Ride, 8. Chasing Your Dream, 9. Great Dreamer, 10. Take My Heart And Run, 11. Promises, 12. Plan Of Attack (Bonus Track, not on promo CD).
Paul Shortino - Vocals, Michael Voss - Guitars, Roland Bergmann (Mad Max) - Bass On: Great Dreamer, Alone They Ride, Missing, Take My Heart And Run, Michael Mueller (Jaded Heart) - Bass On: Sunshine Of Your Love, Remember You, Side Fx, To The Cross, Johnny Douglas (K2) - Lead Guitars On Plan Of Attack, Ralf Heyne (Doc Heyne, Biss) - All Guitars On Great Dreamer. WebLink: www.paulshortino.com.

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Hey EOT, I just got this in my e-mail from Paul:
METAL HEAVEN - THE JUNE 2009 RELEASES:
Shortino - Chasing My Dream (Released June 26): US singer Paul Shortino is well-known for his huge back catalogue which includes a couple of Hard Rock classic releases with his bands Rough Cutt and Quiet Riot but also from him as a solo artist.
Shortino's newest collaboration is an album with world renown producer Michael Voss (Casanova, Silver). Shortino adds, “The new tracks are amazing. I have a renewed inspiration to write and record music that comes from within. I am looking forward to touring and performing the new material for all the fans. We have a smokin' hot band that can really deliver and put on a show. Quite honestly, I can't wait.”
Tracklist (and previews): 1. Remember You, 2. To The Cross, 3. Prelude Missing, 4. Missing, 5. Nocturnal, 6. Side FX, 7. Alone They Ride, 8. Chasing Your Dream, 9. Great Dreamer, 10. Take My Heart And Run, 11. Promises, 12. Plan Of Attack (Bonus Track, not on promo CD).
Paul Shortino - Vocals, Michael Voss - Guitars, Roland Bergmann (Mad Max) - Bass On: Great Dreamer, Alone They Ride, Missing, Take My Heart And Run, Michael Mueller (Jaded Heart) - Bass On: Sunshine Of Your Love, Remember You, Side Fx, To The Cross, Johnny Douglas (K2) - Lead Guitars On Plan Of Attack, Ralf Heyne (Doc Heyne, Biss) - All Guitars On Great Dreamer. WebLink: www.paulshortino.com.

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I plan to! :kickass:

~Brian~