New Silent Voices is coming

dspot

Mar 8, 2006
For those that are not familiar, the second band of Sonata Artica's Henrik Klinkenberg. To me, they are best described as a heavier version of Dream Theater's "Awake" - heavy crunchy prog, with shorter songs and tasteful shredding.

"Announcing: New Silent Voices Album Details Unveiled!

Hello again! There's lots to tell you about and here's a quick update on what's up with Silent Voices.

The follow-up to our 2006's complex Building Up The Apathy is finished and the details about the new album have now been revealed. Our fourth studio album titled Reveal The Change features the quartet of Henrik Klingenberg, Pasi Kauppinen, Timo Kauppinen and Jukka-Pekka Koivisto as well as guest performances on lead & background vocals by Mats Levén (Therion, Yngwie Malmsteen), Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica), Mike Vescera (Loudness, Yngwie Malmsteen), Mike DiMeo (Rage, Masterplan) and Teemu Koskela (Winterborn). The album has 7 tracks and one of them is an instrumental. Reveal The Change was recorded and mixed at Studio57 in Alaveteli, Finland and mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, New York, NY.

The entire band and all the people we are working with are very excited about this new album as well as playing the new material live. This new album takes Silent Voices to the next level and brings many new sides of us to the table. We're still working out the details of who's gonna release it and when (these things might take some time, unfortunately).

Tracklist:

1. The Fear Of Emptiness
2. No Turning Back
3. Reign Of Terror
4. Faith In Me
5. Black Water
6. Burning Shine
7. Through My Prison Walls

silent_voices_reveal_the_change.jpg

Very exciting news! All of their albums are excellent, and pretty well under the radar. The "Awake" comparison is spot on, for those who haven't heard them. While there are proggy chops galore, they focus more on the song than the showmanship.

Interesting how many guest vocalists they have for an album with only six songs WITH vocals.