New single, new album!!!!

Katie'Force

Kables
Mar 9, 2008
YORKSHIRE!!!
www.myspace.com
New FIREWIND Digital Single to be released on Aug. 17!!! Post New Video Trailer Online!!

FIREWIND Triumphantly Returns With Days of Defiance On Oct. 26th,
Release New Digital Single On 8/17 and Post New Video Trailer Online!!

The Greek metal phenomenon FIREWIND, led by the young guitar sensation Gus G. has returned with the scathing new effort Days of Defiance, which is easily their defining moment. The much anticipated disc is set for an Oct. 26th North American release (Oct. 25th throughout Europe) and it’s a truly ambitious and dynamic opus featuring some of the most brilliant guitar playing the genre has seen in many years. Click on the link below to view a new trailer featuring a clip of the new “World On Fire” single. Be sure to stay tuned to www.myspace.com/firewind in the coming weeks for the new album’s cover art and track listing.

The “World On Fire” single will be available for purchase on digital platforms starting on 8/17, so keep an eye out for that.

Gus G. further states: “Usually when we write an album we let the music come to us and go with the flow. Maybe that's why our albums have variety and you can hear everything from super heavy songs, to speed metal shredding, to rock anthems and ballads. Days of Defiance wasn't much different in the making, but this time we recorded almost all of it in our home studios, which allowed us to be more relaxed. That's why I feel the new album features the best performances by all of us. One of our main goals though was to get a bit more of an ‘unpolished’ sound and be more raw. I think we achieved it and that gives an extra heaviness to the overall sound. We mixed the album in Helsinki, Finland at Sonic Pump Studios. Nino Laurenne (Thunderstone) and Tapio Pennanen mixed it and they did a killer job. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.”

Single release date: US 17th August, EU 23rd August
Album release date: US 26th October, EU 25th October

All I can say is, HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In all the excitement I failed to grasp the fact that this is a "digital" only single!!???? Surely not, what about us collectors????? I really need the hard disc, I'm not really into digital singles.......although I will buy it of course that goes without saying, but for me I have to have a hard disc please!!!!! It's just not the same........I suppose that's just the way things are going, probably won't get CD albums sometime soon, that will all be digital as well........(big sigh)....:(

(although I am running out of space in my house to put all the CD's!!!!)