New song, drums only - w/ some gogs of this forum

zolhof

Aug 4, 2006
hey folks, just finished "drumagoging" a song I recorded for my band.. it has lots of beat/tempo changes but when we record the rest it'll make more sense :)

i used a Yamaha Maple Custom kit and replaced almost everything:

snare: Roger's and Andy's mixed with the original one (i love u guys, once again saving my life) :kickass:
toms: Rock Drums vol II Artstar kit w/ limiter
kick: andy's

i'm posting this to hear your opinions and to show how AMAZING drumagog can be.. i'm still working on some fills (double triggering, leaks, etc), but 90% is triggered flawlessly, way to go WaveMachine :headbang: the remaining 10% is my fault, i was too lazy to edit some parts.. (5am here)

what u think about the overall sound? i know it has a lot of reverb on the snare (it sounds like whitesnake's "is this love" snare hehehe) but i'll wait the rest of instruments to mess with that..

enough talk:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B7138DFA765B0140

c ya!

That snare sounds alright on single hits, but when there's a lot of work on it, it begins to sound fake. And the kick is too spongy, you need some compression and gating on it man.

i'll work on the bass drum and gonna wait to see how the snare sounds with the whole band.. we'll start recording tomorrow and i'll post the results here! thanks