new song..need opinions on mix!!!

first of all I think it doesn't sound bad at all, and I'm at home right now, so I'm listening only with headphones.
some comments anyway, hope it helps.

I think there's too much bottom-snare in the mix, sounds almost like broken snare-cords or so.
the kick could use some "smack", so you don't have to turn it that load, it already starts fucking with the compressor I think.
there are some clips/crackles (esp. on tome tom-fills) the leadguitar in the beginning is awful..I'd delete or replace it ;)
in total a bit too much compression on the 2bus/mastering i think (or just bad attack/release times), it's pumping here and there.
try editing a bit in the parts like around 2:40, there's a ringing, that could be annoying to some (to me;) )

it sounds like a beginner band to me (timing issues etc), and i think you did a good job
I like the sounds of the single instruments (esp. vox) and the tune.
as i said, the mix is not bad, just some minor isseus that could be improved.

as i said, i listened just once with headphones and typed "on-the-fly", so i might be totally off ;)

first of all I think it doesn't sound bad at all, and I'm at home right now, so I'm listening only with headphones.
some comments anyway, hope it helps.

I think there's too much bottom-snare in the mix, sounds almost like broken snare-cords or so.
the kick could use some "smack", so you don't have to turn it that load, it already starts fucking with the compressor I think.
there are some clips/crackles (esp. on tome tom-fills) the leadguitar in the beginning is awful..I'd delete or replace it ;)
in total a bit too much compression on the 2bus/mastering i think (or just bad attack/release times), it's pumping here and there.
try editing a bit in the parts like around 2:40, there's a ringing, that could be annoying to some (to me;) )

it sounds like a beginner band to me (timing issues etc), and i think you did a good job
I like the sounds of the single instruments (esp. vox) and the tune.
as i said, the mix is not bad, just some minor isseus that could be improved.

as i said, i listened just once with headphones and typed "on-the-fly", so i might be totally off ;)

hey thanks for the reply! yea the snare definatly has too much bottom snare now that im listening to it this morning with fresh ears. i dont think the band will let me delete that lead part in the beginning..o well. and as far as the clicks n shit with the toms..i think thats from beat detecting :puke:

i tried to master it will some McDSP plug ins (since i dont have any decent outboard gear to master with) and i think the compressor is killing the mix. the actual mix (before i mastered it) sounded alot more "open"

i need an alan smart C2 :cry: