new song!- Slaves of Fear

here's what frederick has to say about Slaves of fear :

“‘Slaves Of Fear’ is not the all-typical Amon Amarth song. It was one of the last songs we finished for the album and what makes this song a little bit different is the collaboration between me and [guitarist] Olavi [Mikkonen] as songwriters. Usually, most songs are written by Olavi and [guitarist] Johan [Söderberg]. It’s definitely one of the darkest songs we’ve ever written and the main/intro riff is my personal tribute to the passing of Ronnie James Dio as the riff came to me after listening to Holy Diver. Lyrically, it’s about how religions keep people under its control and from thinking for themselves. It includes some of the most angry lyrics [vocalist] Johan [Hegg] has written and they kind of remind me of ‘The Sound Of Eight Hooves’ [off 2001's The Crusher full-length] in a way. It works exceptionally well with the melancholic feel of the riffs.”

I like the chorus riff. And I fucking knew by the title this song was anti-christian/organised religion. Yay me.

Fucking AWESOME song. I already like it better than War Of The Gods.
You can definitely hear the resemblance to Holy Diver in the intro as well :)
Gotta love Amon Amarths epic tremolo riffing..

Way groovier than usual, which I guess would be Fredrik's influence. Those riffs are very catchy.