New Soulfly - Max Cavalera

kirkland

Jan 30, 2011
Fuckin brutal

You can download a new song from their upcoming album

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think for me (personally) that Dark Ages was their best album in that it was the most solid and consistent - previous albums were very hit/miss - with some great songs and then utterly dreadful ones as well. I found Omen good but it didn't take me long to tire of it - in fact I found the Cavalera Conspiracy debut album far more enjoyable.

Looking forward to this new one though.

i love max sepultura,soulfly arent a pimple on seps ass,terrible band.

Terrible band? Have you heard the Dark Ages CD? Conquer? Prophecy? Some of it is almost identical to Max era Sepultura. If you don't like it for whatever reason fine but to say they are a Terrible band is absurd.

Marc Rizzo is one of the best guitar players in the world. Max is a legend.

The new line up with Tony Campos is just amazing.

Would love you to point out how this band is 'terrible' and don't just talk about the Primitive album that most will say. They have a ton of great material out there. III, Prophecy, Dark Ages, Conquer...all great albums. I love their S/T album as well but can see why some wouldn't. I like about 1/2 of Primitive, Omen wasn't very good but it was indeed heavy as fuck

Not a terrible band but Hit and Miss. They are OK but I've never got madly into them. I find the lyrics cringworthy most times. I quite often notice Song titles and riffs that are similar to songs in the metal fraternity.

i can only compare kirkland,ive seen both bands,soulfly is like coke zero where sep were hard liquor

What Sepultura song is heavier and faster than the one in this thread?

I am a die hard fan of Schizophrenia, Beneath The Remains and Arise. Not a huge fan of Chaos AD and didn't like Roots at all.

I find this new soulfly a lot more extreme than most of the Sepultura material he did. So to call it watered down doesn't make sense

IMO Soulfly is a decent band but they'll always be Sepultura LITE to me. I really hope someday they can set aside their differences and get the guys back together and make a fucking Sepultura album. It'll probably never happen but a man can dream...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I still feel ashamed that despite the shitty ass first album, I gave Max a second chance and bought the steaming pile of dog crap that is the Primitive album.

Haven't bothered to listen to Soulfly since.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I still feel ashamed that despite the shitty ass first album, I gave Max a second chance and bought the steaming pile of dog crap that is the Primitive album.

Haven't bothered to listen to Soulfly since.

Maye you should as they are not even close to the same band... the only remaining band member is Max. Everything they have done since then has been excellent and a return to old school thrash roots.

I still love the first Soulfly album for its tribal influences but am not a big fan of Primitive. Though Primitive still has a few good songs on it.

Tell me there is any of your so-called nu metal in these songs:

Max was the Voice of Sepultura no doubt but his playing is the sloppiest I ever heard for a Metal Rythm player. Soulfly was very hit and miss for me, but if you luv 'em more power to ya. I agree that Beneath the Remains and Arise are up there with the best Thrash albums of all time.