New Star One Teaser

okay, that was only 20 seconds of music, but I didn't get to hear the one Arjen Lucassen riff. So it's a fact that he wrote at least 2 riffs in his life?

Seriously though, I did like the first Star One album, but I am hoping for something a bit different this time, because IMHO there is no prog-artist more stagnant than A.J. To me it all sounds exactly the same.

Actually he will be using the exact same vocalists... So Russell Allen, Damian Wilson, Dan Swano and Floor Jansen. I like it! there's some consistancy for once!

Too true! and I like the fact that he's gone a bit gloomier for this one. A step away from his traditional Ayreon bits perhaps?

Here's the teaser, for those who want to see it and hear about the concept of the new Star One:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, Mattias is NOT doing the artwork again? Heresy! Arien has to go down in flames for this! :devil:

;)

Wait, Mattias is NOT doing the artwork again? Heresy! Arien has to go down in flames for this! :devil:

;)

He actually asked me to do the booklet, but I just got a new job and I simply didn't have enough time left to do the project. I mean, I invested A LOT of time in the first Star One booklet so it would feel bad to only do a "decent" job this time. You should stop when you are on top of your carreer.. or else you might end up like Queensrÿche :cry: (OK, the last album was actually pretty good).

Mike Andersson to appear on Arjen Lucassens STAR ONE album!!!

A few months ago Mike Andersson was contacted by Arjen Lucassen asking Mike if he would like to sing a song on a new STAR ONE album. Mike was very honoured that Arjen popped this question so, now it's official and the STAR ONE album will hit the stores in early November. Mike sings a song entitled "As The Crow Dies" and it will be included on CD 2 (the special edition).