New Strapping Young Lad Video: Love

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's video for the track "Love?", shot by acclaimed director Joe Lynch (DEVILDRIVER, KATAKLYSM), will make its MTV2 debut on "Headbanger's Ball" this Saturday, April 2. Download an MP3 of the track at this location.

The Canadian extremists will embark on a massive U.S. headlining tour this week with THE AGONY SCENE, MISERY SIGNALS and REFLUX in the support slots. The trek kicks off on April 2 and will make a stop at the legendary New England Metal and Hardcore Fest on April 23. This tour also marks the first time the group have ever played any of their new material live, and expect nothing less than a balls-out, highly energetic set.

I'm going to see SYL tomorrow night in San Francisco!! I'm so excited. I've heard that Devin sells his own merch at shows. I hope it's true, that'd be so fucking killer. In any case, I'm bringing all my SYL/DT liner notes, as well as liner notes for Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos, Ayreon - The Human Equation, and Dark Angel - Live Scars (which I have on cassette), in hopes of getting them signed. This is gonna be awesome. I'm just worried that the supporting bands will suck balls.

Well, SYL was fucking awesome. I was right up front during the show, and at one point when I was throwing the \m/ in the air, Devy leaned over and his skullet made contact with my fingers. lol In my sig, you can see one of the funnier parts of the night. Possibly the coolest part of the night was when I met Gene while the first band was playing. He was so nice and down-to-earth. I got him to sign City, SYL, Alien and my Dark Angel tape. I forgot to get him to sign Terria, 'cause I forgot he was on it, and I didn't have Physicist yet (I got it today though). He hung out in the audience for a while, but nobody but my friend and I seemed to recognize him, 'cause it was a bunch of 13-year-old hardcore fags. Anyway, SYL's setlist was fucking awesome. It went something like this:

Info Dump (intro)
Imperial
Skeksis
Velvet Kevorkian
All Hail the New Flesh
Oh My Fucking God
Love?
S.Y.L.
In the Rainy Season
Relentless
Shine
Aftermath