new stratovarius - polaris

Heard one of the new songs recently. Nothing special imo.

Well, I´ve never been really a fan of Strato :rolleyes:

First impression was slightly underwhelming. I need to listen to it more, it seems like it will be a grower.

Polaris is my favourite album of 2009 so far. I can't not listen to it all the way through in one sitting. Love the dual guitar/keys attack, the solos ooze liquid awesome and the vocals echo with epic :lol: Hyperbole aside, it's immensely likeable and it gets into your head for the whole day. Definitely a Strato favourite of mine.

i love this album higher we go is my ringtone! i hope strato comes back to progpower usa next year i saw them in 2005 timo kotipelto's voice was amazing, i really hope to see them again soon

PERFECT!

Have you ever heard something like Polaris???
Everyone says that it's not so good, but... I loved it!

Strato rulez and Polaris is the best beyond Fright Night...

:loco: Rock the metal, guys...

polaris to me, is a soft-stratovarius, i listened to them, waiting for some REALY startovarius tune, but mostly melodies, (almost) no ass kicker, catching piece

So I'm glad that after Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius choise their new and less-popular & not even close to the oldstye ways, and the Nighwish vocal-change, we get some rly thing, or close to it, the Cain's Offering

disagree.... Destiny or Intermission or Infinite :headbang: but as for me i love all the albums :worship:

They're a good band - just getting into them now after years of having them on my wait list. Polaris is good, but I can see why long time fans would find it different. But songs like Winter Skies and King of Nothing are pretty awesome.