New Sylosis album

We did borrow a kit from Tama with 2 kicks but Romesh's Gretsch 24x18 is literally the best sounding kick I've heard. Didn't even need to compress the shit out of it. Finger tight, slack head and pedal beaters as far back as possible.

Yeah Lasse it's the JCM 800 split through two cabs.

Really looking forward to this album, as you guys are really a unique band and one of the best upcoming metal acts of our times.
Please keep on making good music, and let us know about any news about this album.

What will the name of the album be? III?

Thank you!

It' won't be called III...We just wanted to post the video before officially saying anything but at the same time make it as obvious as possible haha.

It's produced by Romesh Dodangoda at Monnow Valley studios in Wales. The drum room sounds insane! The ambient chamber behind the drum kit means you don't need any artificial reverb. http://www.monnowvalleystudio.com/studio.htm

We will post loads of pictures in the next few months.

JCM 800 2203 running through a Marshall 1960TV and an Orange cab. The 1960TV gets the killer thrash tone and the Orange helps fill out the low end/low mids a bit

Any particular reason you guys arent working with Scott Atkins again this time? Did you feel like a change or was it just schedule issues or something along those lines?

Beyond excited at hearing this album.

Haha I think it will be the best artwork yet!

We just fancied a change for this album. It was just cool to be in a big fancy studio that's had bands like Sabbath, Priest, Rush and Queen etc through it's doors!

Love working with Scott and hopefully we'll work again sometime in the future!

Great! III would be a cool name as well! :)

By the way, i recently recorded an exercise/passage, based on one of your songs! Your lead work on the albums is really inspiring for me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2fjDaUGXM&feature=watch_response[/ame]

Hey Josh.
I know this post is'nt on topic, but just wanted to say and wish good luck with new material. YOU and rest of the crew FAKING RULE!!!!
"Edge Of Earth" was simply amazing. It touched my soul (it sounds gay but still...) This record gives me so much emotions i can feel soul in it. I hope this record will be full of emotions and atmosphere, too. That part in teaser is what i'm talking about, it sends me straight in some dark, desolated place.
Btw i love your beard :D how chicks react about it ? :D

Sincerely, your fan. :worship: