New Symphony X?

i think i remember hearing that they were recording in like january or february. that mighta been an old source from one of their other cds. but im lookin forward to some new stuff, too. not tryin to rush them or anything. they'll prolly get around to it soon.

SilentRealm said:
just out of curiosity.. what would be the average recording time for an album.. weeks months years?
That'd depend on if they wrote everything beforehand (which SymX usually does) or wrote while in the studio..also depends on available studio time and so on..there are lots of factors that can affect how long the process takes.

RR1 Player said:
My guess would be between 3-6 months.

St. Anger = 1 week :lol:
What's funny about that is that they actually spent a VERY long time on St. Anger to make it as shitty as possible. They used some of the best stuff, like Pro Tools, to make it sound that bad. Some call it art. I call it a large waste of resources, and of course my time.

Lars can have my money but I would really like those 70 + minutes of my life back.

Reactions: Sympozium
anonymousnick2001 said:
I wonder if it'll have a concept? Or maybe it'll have a shiny cover!

I'm excited!

MJR said it was gonna be "just a bunch of tunes." I'm pretty sure those are his exact words. But u can probably interpret "a bunch of tunes" as their next masterpiece. Either way I can't wait. And yes it would be nice if it had a shiny cover! :loco: