New System of a Down album.

Can i get past the first song i keep hearing on the Radio ? I like the song don't get me wrong but please don't beat it to death.

I really like soad but I wasn't too thrilled with the album. It's too erratic for me. o_O I was hoping for more "metal" than the goofy squealing. Maybe I need to let it grow on me? :Smug:

my problem is with the song BYOB during the part where he's singing "come to the party and have a real good time" or whatever. i'm sure you get what i mean. the video has a hip hop feel to it at that point and it sounds like a hip hop chorus. i'm thinking that could be intentional as humor. but then again it may not be.
i will be getting the album though
-Jono-

I dont like all the whiny, slow, songs.

I like the faster shit, like B.Y.O.B. is fuckin awesome yea, and cigaro, but thats about it, the rest are pretty boring.

Shit was at the store for $18.99 (i didnt pay)

they are pretty fuckin weird

"my cock is much bigger than yours, my cock can walk right trough a door"

LOL or some shit like that ! They do some hard ass drugs while the write and record and it shows !

I don't like how the songs are so straight foward. I just don't like how Daron doesn't use metaphors, but instead makes most of the songs staightfoward(like Old School Hollywood). I would much rather perfer a whole CD with Serj doing the lyrics. That aside, it is a pretty good CD. Kinda a disappointmant in my eyes, but a good CD.

Hmm il wait till HEATHEN and TESTAMENT release new albums till i make my call for album of the year. I just got the new Corrosion of Conformity album. Its really goo

the_walking_dude said:
Hmm il wait till HEATHEN and TESTAMENT release new albums till i make my call for album of the year. I just got the new Corrosion of Conformity album. Its really goo

I agree it's way to early to call album of the year! The new Slayer album better not be like GHUA and DIM! :puke: Quite frankly I wish they'd get back to playing thrash! :headbang:

strik9 said:
I agree it's way to early to call album of the year! The new Slayer album better not be like GHUA and DIM! :puke: Quite frankly I wish they'd get back to playing thrash! :headbang:
Hence the reason why I said its my album of the year SO FAR. I agree, it is only May, but I ain't heard anything else that comes close. Although, I might have to check out that CoC album.

Ulster Mosher said:
Hence the reason why I said its my album of the year SO FAR. I agree, it is only May, but I ain't heard anything else that comes close. Although, I might have to check out that CoC album.

That's cool! Even if you chose it for your album of the year, all I was trying to say was that it's to early for ME to choose MY album of the year. I wasn't implying that it was too early for ANYBODY to pick their album of the year be it so far or for the whole year. I was just agreeing with the_walking_dude, that it's way to early to pick album of the year! I guess I should have worded it better! :lol:

if you liked Downn then you will love CoC. Im a thrash man but i love this bluesy style of southern metal groove! i love pepper keenans voice and riffing

Havent heard the new SOAD other than BYOB which in the chorus to me has a middle eastern feel more than a hip hop some of you have mentioned. :erk: I checked their website & threads & i could not believe how many people signed up to dog the band!! They were saying the album is crap & Darons taking over cuz he's an ego mainiac. NOT MY WORDS!! I posted nothing there, just read. Why join a bands forum if you dont like 'em? I dont understand that! Also you guys were mentioning runners for the album of the year. At this point without hearing SOAD I'm going with Mudvayne's Lost & Found.

18.gif

the_walking_dude said:
if you liked Downn then you will love CoC. Im a thrash man but i love this bluesy style of southern metal groove! i love pepper keenans voice and riffing

I like CoC. Deliverance and Wiseblood are my favourites by 'em! :headbang: A buddy of mine's a HUGE CoC fan! He's got pretty much everything by 'em, and a bunch of bootlegs!