New Tad Morose teaser

my physical copy of the cd arrived yesterday. I jammed with it to and from work today. And I must say that this is definitely a darker, heavier side of Tad Morose. I'm digging the album from start to finish. There are a few standout tracks that have my head banging and horns thrown.

But, this is not the Tad Morose I know and love from 10+ years ago. With all due respect, I kinda wish Krunt and Peter would have just renamed this project something else entirely. Because it's one thing for a few band members to come and go over the years, but to change your sound in such a drastic (albeit GREAT) way, is just... well, disconcerting.

Again, I'm enjoying this album. But I kinda wish they kept the sound from the last three albums that endeared me to the Tad Morose that I came to know thanks to PPUSA. :worship:

I can see where you're coming from here... however, if they're going to continue playing older songs live, I can certainly understand why they would want to retain the name recognition that had been built up around the Tad Morose name, as opposed to using a new name. Also, Tad Morose already went through some significant changes in sound from 1993 - 2003, so I don't think longtime fans are going to be too thrown off! :)

I can see where you're coming from here... however, if they're going to continue playing older songs live, I can certainly understand why they would want to retain the name recognition that had been built up around the Tad Morose name, as opposed to using a new name. Also, Tad Morose already went through some significant changes in sound from 1993 - 2003, so I don't think longtime fans are going to be too thrown off! :)

it's never stopped Jon Oliva. ;)

Just sayin'.

I've listened to it twice. It's not bad... it's just not good. The new vocalist is strong, but I just don't find the vocal melodies engaging. It's as if they checked all the right boxes, but there's still that "it" factor missing. There's just nothing about the album that makes me want to spin it again.

it's never stopped Jon Oliva. ;)

Just sayin'.

Lol, true!

I've listened to it twice. It's not bad... it's just not good. The new vocalist is strong, but I just don't find the vocal melodies engaging. It's as if they checked all the right boxes, but there's still that "it" factor missing. There's just nothing about the album that makes me want to spin it again.

I feel pretty much the same after listening once. I'll definitely give it some more spins and see if it catches on a bit more for me.

Finally got myself a copy of this and listened to it a few times....while not as great as the holy trio (Undead, Matters Of The Dark and Modus Vivendi), I still think it's really good. Darkish, angry sounding metal with strong vocals and crunchy riffs...good stuff to me!

Wayne knows this. He was just a bit too lazy to type "...after they played PPUSA," and then "for a mini tour"

I believe the shows with Joe that he's talking about were Karmøygeddon, Norway, something in Gävle, Sweden and Gothenburg Metal Festival, Sweden. I saw the Gothenburg show. Joe did all right. :)
Thank you sir! lol
Not lazy - was typing stream of conciousness.. but yes, I should have checked for readability and accuracy. :)