New - "Terminated" - POD X3 - Stomping mix!!

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
Woo hoo I'm stoked over this one!! >>>Terminated

Tried A few small things with the POD - also used a few different things on the Group tracks.

Mixed in Cubase sx - used the usual waves Q10 eq's for general nip and tucking, some vintage warmer for beefing things up nicely

Inspired by watching a re-run of T2 last night - great movie, thought I'd do something suitably Heavy for it!!

Oh, and I would really appreciate some feedback on this dudes - Your comments count!!

Enjoy the tune !!!!!!!!!!!:devil::devil:

thanks Jarkko for your comments - probably a bit too much presence (never mix after having beer!!)

I quadtracked this time with 4 tracks of POD Cali Diamondplate/Treadplate cab

Mastered with small eq adjustment - UAD LA2A (1db of Gain reduction) and 2 instances of Gclip!

I really liked that! It indeed had a Rammstein vibe on the guitars. A bit of Ministry. Very cool, do you have more stuff like this?

ps: Do you have a doubletracked mix version? I´m curious to hear how this kind of stuff sounds doubletracked.

I really liked that! It indeed had a Rammstein vibe on the guitars. A bit of Ministry. Very cool, do you have more stuff like this?

ps: Do you have a doubletracked mix version? I´m curious to hear how this kind of stuff sounds doubletracked.

Thanks - I Love Ministry - Regarding the Double tracked version - Sure I'll give it a go Later post an update tonight - Just takes a balancing act cause the guitars instantly seem smaller if I take 2 away cause Im so used to hearing 4.

BTW heres a CLA Mix of the same track I did today >>Terminated CLA Mix
Just a bit of fun - I know I'm nowhere near his skills.

updated mix above with new drums guys!!

Was fed up with the 4 to the floor beat so used Slate for this on this mix.

Used my UAD LA2A and 1176 pretty aggresively on the snare kick and room - also did some parallel comp on snare+kick to make them slam more.

Used waves SSL on Bass / gtr's / samples etc - believe it or not boosted 8k by 10db (shelving) on gtr's to get them to cut - only the SSL plug can get away with this to my ears!!

Some analog style saturation on the mixbus thanks to ferric vst and into UAD Pultec boosting 60hz - into 2 Gclips.

Hahahaha man thats sick :D Real beefy.. love the guitar tone makes me think instantly of Unreal Tournament '99 :D

everything sounds balanced and lovely etc but there doesnt seem to be enough balls to it..

jus something is missing for me from the low end.. give that limiter thing a try I reckon it would kick serious ass on this!

I can tell you how to do it but I'd need to know what the track tempo is..

but basically put a limiter on the bass with a release of "insert number I give you after I get the tempo here" and crank the input volume up (2db is subtle but if you want a serious pmping sound go for like 30 or something..) to taste and listen to it pump... you want it to be subtle but a little noticable so that when it kicks in on the heavy shit it's got some movement and excitement.

Also do the limiter on the kick :D

try those man I'd be REALLY interested to see how it effects your mix :D

Joe

very cool dude! indeed quite rammsteinish, guitarsound- and riffwise.
guitarsound fits style perfectly...i like it in fact! good stuff!
just the kick is to techno imo, but i guess its supposed to be :p

edit: but the CLA mix has some honkyness imo

cheers man, i think what your going for is sidechain compression thats triggered by usually the kick (typical in dance music) I do it all the time - check my electro stuff on my soundclick page and youll hear it.

formula is 60 divided by tempo bpm X 1000 - so if your at 140bpm it should give you around 428 (which will be milliseconds) though divide by 2 again as it pumps tighter in the track - this method is used usually in dance to make the mix duck by a few db while the kick remains unaffected and therefore stnds out more.

cheers man, i think what your going for is sidechain compression thats triggered by usually the kick (typical in dance music) I do it all the time - check my electro stuff on my soundclick page and youll hear it.

formula is 60 divided by tempo bpm X 1000 - so if your at 140bpm it should give you around 428 (which will be milliseconds) though divide by 2 again as it pumps tighter in the track - this method is used usually in dance to make the mix duck by a few db while the kick remains unaffected and therefore stnds out more.

yeah man you got it :D have you tried it in this mix?

also how do you side chain? I'm using a limiter atm but I;m guessing that it's doing the same thing.. just not triggered by the kick.

How would I go about getting a kick to trigger the limiter.. would it have to be a midi based kick or audio? Or doesn't it matter?

my thought was more like for my taste the kick should be more metal or more technoalike, now its between. but just my 2 cents ;)

but the formula is nice, gotta try that out...if try do to some technoalike stuff^^