New Threshold Album

Evergrey rules!... Such as Threshold!!!... The new album has high expectatives!!.... The two songs on the official website are real awesome!!!

the album arived in the post yesterday and to be honest its by far the worst threshold i have heard, the vocals arent as powerful and as clear, the guitar tone is horrible, and there is some parts of the music that i just dont like at all which is unusual for threshold because usually nearly everything they do is great

How did you get it in Glasgow 4 days before the UK release???

I've got the single and the other track on the web page (Slipstream) and they are all classic Threshold whilst still being clearly new and original

I have to say I am really impressed so far. I think that the guitar tone is amazing! its a more experimental, more progressive album than the last load and I really think that it will be hugely popular. Anyone else agree with me?

How did you get it in Glasgow 4 days before the UK release???

I've got the single and the other track on the web page (Slipstream) and they are all classic Threshold whilst still being clearly new and original

pre-ordered it (usually when i pre-order stuff it arrives a good few days before the release but this one was extra early but im not complaining :) ) in saying i dont think its as good as other threshold stuff, there is still some great songs on it like pilot in the sky of dreams but overall its just not as strong as the other releases

I have to say I am really impressed so far. I think that the guitar tone is amazing! its a more experimental, more progressive album than the last load and I really think that it will be hugely popular. Anyone else agree with me?

I have to agree with you. There a re a lot of elements on this album that are different from the others, and just by listening to Slipstream and Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams I can say that it sounds amazing! It has a more agressive sound, by that I meant the Progressive way, the cleanness on the instruments is something you can't listen anywhere... I'm really exited with the realese.. I can't wait to hear the whole album!! :)

the vocals arent as powerful and as clear, the guitar tone is horrible, and there is some parts of the music that i just dont like at all which is unusual for threshold because usually nearly everything they do is great

Strange you should say that, to me the exact opposite applies - I think Mac's vocals get better (and yes, more powerful) with every release and the guitars sound chunky and crispy as usual, a little different than we're used to from former releases perhaps, but a great improvement on the overall sound, for sure.
And the melodies....the harmonies.... simply divine.

Interessting discussion! :)!
For me I do really like the rhythm guitar for the verse in "Dissapear"! Or the beginning of "Elusive"...
For me it's one of the best release they did so far. Yes, it is different to all the other releases but for me this is a big strength and, honestly, the refrain melodies on "Disappear", "Fighting for breath", "This is you life" and especially "One degree down" are the best I heard so far... I can't get them out of my head...
don't agree ErasedCitizen???

Is is true that the new album has a Psychedelicatessen vibe? That is my favourite Threshold disc by far and their most underrated in my opinion. Also, the fact that Dan Swano did some growls on this one is just another reason why I need to hear this album...

I read there are fewer solos in a few reviews. Is that true?

Haha, I find it quite funny that I know three bands that released their new albums on that day.

I certainly will check it out. Thanks for telling me.

well ill have to listen again cause i only listened once and didnt like it much at all so havent listened again but ill give it another listen and see what i think now.

I know the feeling. I find sometimes I buy an album and listen to it and say "Wow what a bundle of shit this is" and when I actually listen to it a few times it ends up being a favourite. I had to listen to Monday Morning Apocalypse a good few times before I realised I loved it!

I know the feeling. I find sometimes I buy an album and listen to it and say "Wow what a bundle of shit this is" and when I actually listen to it a few times it ends up being a favourite. I had to listen to Monday Morning Apocalypse a good few times before I realised I loved it!

usually for me i find if i really dont like an album at first i generally never grow to love it. especially MMA have never been able to enjoy that at all, infact i like it less each time i listen so i never listen to it now.