new to metal....

williams31

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2007
i mostly listen to stuff like pink floyd and jimmi hendrix and shit like that but i am slowly getting into metal...

so far one of my more fav bands is children of bodom....i like how they switch it up alot inside of their songs and how they dont have a real lot of vocals and how they jam out for a little bit...the guitarist is pretty insane

i am mainly looking for bands that dont play the same riff over and over and over again in the same song...kinda looking for songs that are always changing and stuff like that...and maybe some bands that like to jam out for a couple of minutes with any vocals or anything....anyone got any ideas?

Start with the classics, such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Celtic Frost, Megadeth, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Death, Morbid Angel etc. To get into metal you need to know the bands that started and helped revolutionize metal.

As for bands that switch it up...try Dark Tranquillity, Agalloch, Gorguts, Katatonia, Mastodon, My Dying Bride, Nevermore, and Devin Townsend (specifically Ziltoid the Omniscient).

For CoB like bands, you should check out Imperanon, Kalmah, Frozen Eternity, and Norther.

Other metal bands to check out would be the big ones; Judas Priest, Megadeth, Kreator, Dio, Black Sabbath, ect.

For music that has less repitition you may want to check out some technical bands like Psycroptic/Spawn Of Possession/Necrophagist/Sleep Terror.

Start with the classics, such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Celtic Frost, Megadeth, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Death, Morbid Angel etc. To get into metal you need to know the bands that started and helped revolutionize metal.
these bands i have always listened to...im trying to get into some of the newer bands out...i like how you take your music seriously tho

For CoB like bands, you should check out Imperanon, Kalmah, Frozen Eternity, and Norther.
props on the recommendations man....i only checked out Imperanon and Kalmah so far but they were exactly what i was looking for