new tour in Sept....damn

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
not my thing but they added another metal tour to that 2 week run in September now.....Katatonia, Scar Symetry, Insommnuim and Swallow the Sun on September 14 at Pearl Room. What is this like the 10th show now in that 2 week run?????

Yeah one of them is actually in Kansas so you guys wont see me there for that show, but maybe the following weekend for all the Power Metal.

JASONIC SHAME ON YOU, PASSING ON SWALLOW THE SUN.

I had their 2nd disc, the Mourning Never Came.
They seem to have the right elements, but still borderline on "meh" to "semi-ok". I have heard their couple that followed were a bit better.

My wife is due a couple weeks before this show, so I can't really plan on any of the zillion Sept shows coming up this year.

My wife is due a couple weeks before this show, so I can't really plan on any of the zillion Sept shows coming up this year.
That's certainly an acceptable reason for missing any show, even if Candlemass/Solitude Aeturnus/Pentagram/Wino re-uniting ALL his projects for a final tour came... Together... For one epic show... the day your wife was due.

Yeah.
:loco: :Smokin:
Don't mind me, I'm just being weird.

you have to remember....it is just a concert...there are somethings that are most important in life. Sure it sucks to miss out on stuff, I have missed a few in the past year I totally regret, but sometimes it just happens. People have different priorities. If it was for something lame like a TV show he liked was on, then I would crack on him, but his wife giving birth is even more important than seeing Elvenking live. Then again I was going to miss my brothers wedding for Therion but it was a week later.

Whoa!!! Look at Bob being all sentimental!!! :lol:

Yeah, my wife is due the beginning of Sept.
That doesn't mean for sure I won't go to ANY shows, just that I certainly can't plan on it in advance.

Though if we were talking Candlemass with the Hidden Hand opening.....

Yeah, I would need a Jasonic-standin in the delivery room!!!

Also, speaking of Bob, nothing will ever top his:
"Get divorced in the morning, and road trip to see Opeth in the evening"
(May 2003)
Same night that Ruben Studdard pulled the biggest upset in the history of American Idol, beating out Clay Aiken in the season finale.

Also, speaking of Bob, nothing will ever top his:
"Get divorced in the morning, and road trip to see Opeth in the evening"
(May 2003)
Same night that Ruben Studdard pulled the biggest upset in the history of American Idol, beating out Clay Aiken in the season finale.

very true...what a great day, killing two birds with one stone with getting time off of work!

That's certainly an acceptable reason for missing any show, even if Candlemass/Solitude Aeturnus/Pentagram/Wino re-uniting ALL his projects for a final tour came... Together... For one epic show... the day your wife was due.

Yeah, I can totally relate...

Funny story actually. The ONE and ONLY time that my band (Eden's Fall) got to play POWERFEST was the very same day that my son Jacob was born (February 27, 2004)!

For a couple of months before the show, my wife was getting closer and closer to having the baby and we didn't know if it would be before or after the gig. Ray's bother (Rob) learned all my bass parts for our set and came to every other practice. Even up until the Thursday before Powerfest, I was planning to play the gig and call my wife before and after our set to see how she was doing.

As fate would have it, she went into labor the night before the gig and was in the delivery room for about 18 hours. The next afternoon, my brother Tony (EF guitarist) came to visit us in the hospital to see the baby. He was literally on his way to the gig. I am sitting there holding my newborn son and my wife turns to me and says "Oh, the gig is tonight? Its ok, you can still go!" :lol: :lol: (I think she must have still been a little drugged up and neither of us had slept in over 30 hours). Needless to say, I stayed with my baby and Ray's brother played the gig. :)