New toy, yay!

Got a used LTD B-155 bass today:

b-155.jpg

My former band's bassist plays guitar in a cover band nowadays, and since I need a bass for recording stuff he offered to sell his old bass for the price of the cheapest LTD I was going to get.

It plays real nice and the finish is awesome, excellent buy for the price :)

What pickups are you using? My Ltd bass sounds so much better after I switch the original ESP pickups for two EMG 35-DCs.

What pickups are you using? My Ltd bass sounds so much better after I switch the original ESP pickups for two EMG 35-DCs.

The stock ones. They do their job, but it's by no means the ultimate tone for metal bass. How'd you define the EMG's changed the sound of your LTD? I have very little experience with basses hardware-wise, so I'm kinda lost :)

The stock ones. They do their job, but it's by no means the ultimate tone for metal bass. How'd you define the EMG's changed the sound of your LTD? I have very little experience with basses hardware-wise, so I'm kinda lost :)

The 35-DC is a humbucker (dual coil). It has high output, ultra low noise and gives a very fat and round bass tone. I don´t think it has a very "metal tone" but you can hear it on many heavy bands like Slayer, Lacuna Coil and Primus. I think a good example of how they sound on rock/metal is the band Cold.
The EMG 35-P4 has more treble and probably is more suited for traditional metal. I´ve never played with the EMG 34-CS but I guess they are quite similar to 35-DC. Here´s the list of guys using EMG.

The 35-DC is a humbucker (dual coil). It has high output, ultra low noise and gives a very fat and round bass tone. I don´t think it has a very "metal tone" but you can hear it on many heavy bands like Slayer, Lacuna Coil and Primus. I think a good example of how they sound on rock/metal is the band Cold.
The EMG 35-P4 has more treble and probably is more suited for traditional metal. I´ve never played with the EMG 34-CS but I guess they are quite similar to 35-DC. Here´s the list of guys using EMG.

Hmm, I love EMG pups for guitar, so might have to look into that. But the 35-DC's are 150eur a piece, so I find it quite hard to justify spending more buck on the mics than the bass itself :)