New track up (Mixed + Mastered by me)

chuck1703

MYSPACE.COM/BURNINGSKIES
Apr 8, 2006
Bristol
The band are called 'Evita', Its a pre production for there debut album next year (which I will also be working on). The track is titled 'Vona', you can check it out here ('Evita'), tell me what you guys think, nice one guys.

www.myspace.com/slightlyathleticchuck

Chuck Creese

Man, the intro is beautiful.

From what I can gather through the myspace compression it sounds really good. Only gripe for me is that the melodic vocals are too low in the mix, especially when they are on their own ...

This is a really cool song. Well done!!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Gonna listen again to see if your right bout the tuning, cos I thought that when listening back in the mastering process, but just assumed it was my ears being tired. I'll have to take another listen.
Thanks

i think the guitar is slightly out... but not by much.
i like your mix in relation to the guitars and kick/snare
i'd be very interested to find out any insight into how you miced/compressed/eq'd the guits :)
my only thing with the mix is the wee gangshout vocal sounds a bit weak, maybe to wet (myspace wont let me rewind).
all good otherwise!!

Keith's right, left sounds flat. Small amount or not it's out and it was the first thing I noticed at least at the beginning of the song. Other than that, sounds great Chuck!! Fucking great job on the guitar tone and mixing levels for everything brother.

i think the guitar is slightly out... but not by much.
i like your mix in relation to the guitars and kick/snare
i'd be very interested to find out any insight into how you miced/compressed/eq'd the guits :)
my only thing with the mix is the wee gangshout vocal sounds a bit weak, maybe to wet (myspace wont let me rewind).
all good otherwise!!

I used a Triple X and a 5150 for quad tracking, along with a TS9. with a sm57 on the grill, on the axis. Then straight into a Toneport. There was no compression on the guitars. As for the gang shouts, there were more of a ambient distant effect rather than a gang shout to be honest.