New Tyr video - Hold the Heathen Hammer High

OrbWeaver

BECAUSE FALCONER
Jan 15, 2007
Illinois, USA
www.myspace.com
New Tyr video for the song "Hold the Heathen Hammer High." I got to see them perform this song live. :) It's rather cheesy, but I still enjoy the song. And the vikings.

As I understand it, By the Light of the Northern Star is now available. Though I'm not sure if it's available in the US yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
there really are very few decent videos out there for metal bands. I am sick of seeing bands play in an empty wharehouse or something simular....I still think Turisas "Rasputin" is one of the better videos out there as of late. At least they tried to have fun with it.

Damn, I've always overlooked Tyr for some reason...no good reason, just not paid attention, but that song/video blew me away and the clips I heard on iTunes I liked as well. I will definitely be picking up some of their stuff at ProgPower this year!

Many people overlook Tyr. It's a shame, really, because they're a very talented group of Faroese lads. :)

Yah. They are one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to like them live, which holds them back.

@BloodRocket: Very true! They're one of the proggiest folk bands I've ever heard. And one of the few that utilizes clean vocals, too.

@Cheiron: I thought they were fantastic live. They sounded just as good live as they do on their recordings, and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. :)

Yah. They are one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to like them live, which holds them back.

I agree with Orbweaver when she says that they are fantastic live. I think what *may* have hurt them was being on the first Paganfest tour with all the super high-tempo bands. I think most people were geared up for Turisas and Ensiferum, as compared to the slower Tyr. Just my opinion though... I thought they were fantastic both times I have seen them.

@BloodRocket: Very true! They're one of the proggiest folk bands I've ever heard. And one of the few that utilizes clean vocals, too.

@Cheiron: I thought they were fantastic live. They sounded just as good live as they do on their recordings, and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. :)

I hear almost zero prog in thier music and there are TONS of bands in the pagan vein that have clean vocals.

I agree With Ed.....the first Paganfest the three other bands were very energetic on stage unlike Tyr who basically just stood there. On the last tour it was an amazing show. Very intense.

I agree with Orbweaver when she says that they are fantastic live. I think what *may* have hurt them was being on the first Paganfest tour with all the super high-tempo bands. I think most people were geared up for Turisas and Ensiferum, as compared to the slower Tyr. Just my opinion though... I thought they were fantastic both times I have seen them.

This.

It didn't matter to me, though. I loved all four bands on that bill. One of the best top-to-bottom shows I've ever seen. :kickass: