NEW UAD pre 4-710d with 1176 comps and AD/DA`s

laszlozsolt82

Feb 5, 2010
Cluj Napoca, Romania
This product semms interesting from UAD , i hope that it`s not wery expensive

The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, four-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities — perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources. This versatile multi-channel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding eight channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Building upon UA's classic analog design approach, combined with smart modern features, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup

Last edited by a moderator:
im being a smartass, but this is actually made by ua, not uad :) i initially thought this would be a new preamp plugin for my uad card ;-)

nevertheless it looks like a really cool preamp, i have the LA 610 MK II and it sound really great.

Can someone explain the need for ad/da if I have fireface? A little noob on this but is there a way to make something like this my front end with a cheap optical card or something like that? Hopefully that question makes sense lol

Can someone explain the need for ad/da if I have fireface? A little noob on this but is there a way to make something like this my front end with a cheap optical card or something like that? Hopefully that question makes sense lol

the adda might be matched to the preamps. you would have to use no extra analog cables - more/better signal.

1999$ it`s a good price , i wonder how much it will be in my country, (dcb you`r right it`s UA and semms that has just the AD conversion but taht`s just fine for me,anyway),

yeah, it seems to be a great deal!
i recently got a la610 + a uad 2 duo for 1400 €.
they often have great offers over there at their website.