New Vader- WOW!

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
Just picked up the new Vader cd today (it's called Revelations). of course it's f-ing amazing! How can anyone not agree that Vader are the best death metal band in existence today?!

ive always liked them, but they're no Cryptopsy, know what i mean, still great though, i'll be getting it. its funny how with Cryptopsy (And Then You'll Beg) and Vader (De Profoundis) i play them on the computer and i can listen to them repeated all day, this the same with anyone else?

Vader 2001 quote: (after we all keep chanting VADER, VADER, VADER...) '' ok guys, we know who we are'' :lol:

It seems to me that Vader just simply ALWAYS kick ass. :headbang: But for some reason it doesn't get them anywhere. I mean I loved them since DeProfundis and I saw several of their gigs on that tour and appreciated their performances even more live! Since then they consistently (and frequently) put out brutal, well played technical death metal, good musicians and all.....but nothing ever seems to happen for them. Just a few tours, same old clubs etc. Talk about going in circles.. they must have really bad management or something cause no one seems to be taking care of them career-wise. :confused:

But thanx for the heads up, I'll definitely check out the new cd. Sounds like a(nother) killer disc from what you're saying. Hope they get some recognition with it. :D

As far as the 'going in circles' and 'not getting promoted' thing goes- their new cd was featured prominently in an advertisement for a big local mainstream cd store by me (Rolling Stone Records). The picture for their cd was right next to some big name acts, (Rush, Vai, Van Halen, Trey Anastasio, ect) and the caption "New Vader in stock June 4!" Maybe things will change for this cd, so encourage everyone you know to BUY IT!

Last Sunday I was on Vader gig - (it was Revelations 2002 tour with Hate, Azarath and Elysium) they played 'Revelation of Black Moses' and two other new songs from 'Revelations', it was the first gig ever when they played songs from this record. They played for 80 minutes and there are some changes in their usual setlist like addition „True names” from „Black to the blind” which wasn't played for quite long time.

'Revelations' in my opinion is much better than 'Litany'

Since I've never really heard any of their stuff, I took the time to go to Audiogalaxy and get 'Xeper'... I must say that my ass has been thorougly kicked and I shall be picking up every one of their albums I can get a hold of. :D

i am waiting on NB to send me this cd... vader are the dog's bollix. They played in Ireland here last march, my god were they cool or what. they're back here again at the end of August - with decapitated and krisiun... happy days.

:mad: VADERRRRR :mad:

:D
John