New video clip is awesome!!

Well, very nice live footage. I like the guitar tones, especially Barre's tone on lead parts. By the way Barre, what kind of guitar amp do you use live? Do you have any stomp boxes too or other kind of guitar effects or just the amp's drive?
Thank you. :)

Actually clip isn't very good IMO, sound is pretty weak, (only) camera angle is horrible. Not trying to be an asshole or anything, I love the band, and obviously these recording aren't exactly meant to be a dvd release or anything like it (that would be great though, a DD DVD!)

Egan, I noticed on the video for a life less lived that you don't do the vocals live? why is that? you're a superb singer. Have you played at a loss or last alone live?

Egan, I noticed on the video for a life less lived that you don't do the vocals live? why is that? you're a superb singer. Have you played at a loss or last alone live?

I do vocals at a fair number of shows, but if we don't get any kind of a sound check or in cases where the stage is so tiny that a mic stand would be a serious real estate loss I'll skip them.
The only clean vocal songs we've played live are ALLL and LTB. Never say never but I'm not really interested in stepping up vocally to that extent live.

I do vocals at a fair number of shows, but if we don't get any kind of a sound check or in cases where the stage is so tiny that a mic stand would be a serious real estate loss I'll skip them.
The only clean vocal songs we've played live are ALLL and LTB. Never say never but I'm not really interested in stepping up vocally to that extent live.

You definitely shouldn't say never, At a Loss and Last Alone are awesome songs, you should try shining a bit more on the vocal side live. Btw for the level DD is in I'm shocked to hear you don't always get soundchecks or mic stands. I don't know much about that but you guys should demand it in your rider or something.

on another note, judging by those live videos I see Nathan (who btw looks like you stole him from Amon Amarth) fails epicly to deliver compared to the awesome of his vocals on record IMO. Not trying to criticize, I hope I don't come out as bitching, just giving an honest opinion on a band I really like

I think you are probably reading way too much into a one camera recording of the first night of a tour.

you're right, I'm sorry, as I mentioned this is obviously not intended to be Dvd material (and I repeat, a Daylight Dies Dvd would be awesome). Just mentioning since the subject came up on the board, but yeah I apologize, didn't mean to be an asshole about the video

I think its a good clip... obviously I love you guys more live, but this clip is good enough.
Nathan definately doesn't fail live. I thought the whole band did a picture perfect job the last 2 times I've seen them.